Ch. 20 - Unexpected Guests

"IT'S MY FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR!" Nick exclaimed, slamming my door open

I was already awake, but I was still laid up in my bed, not wanting to get up. Nick saw that I was awake and he left my room, slamming other doors.

After what happened Monday night, I haven't been sleeping okay. I only sleep okay when Brent is here. Something about his presence comforts me.

And it's not I can FaceTime him right now because I don't have a phone right now. But that's all going to change tomorrow morning.

"Nick! Get off of me you big baboon!" I heard Elliot yell.

"Boys quit it," Lisa scolded as she walked into my room.

She smiled at me,"Good morning, Campbell."

"Morning," I replied, rubbing my eyes.

"Thanksgiving lunch will be done around one and we have guests coming over," Lisa informed me.

I nodded before I heard a loud crash coming from the hallway. Lisa rolled her eyes with a sigh before leaving my room.

Then I heard her fussing at Nick and Elliot. I shook my head as I got out of my bed. I walked into my bathroom.

I used the restroom before washing my hands. Then I went into my closet to find an outfit. I scanned through my clothes until found a cute white blouse. I paired it with a light pair of jeans with rips in it.

I changed into the outfit, and I looked at myself in the body mirror. It was cute, and I grabbed a pair of shoes before leaving my closet.

After putting my shoes on, I brushed my hair and teeth. I then curled my hair before spraying perfume.

I walked out of my room, and I walked over to the stairs. I was on the second step when a memory clouded my mind.

Nick opened the sliding door before running outside. I followed him, and Nick was backing up slowly, facing me.

"We can always talk this over a nice big lunch. I will buy you gummy bears and coffee for the next year," Nick offered, stopping right on the edge of the pool ledge. "Just don't hit the face."

I gave him a kind smile. "Okay. You owe me gummy bears and coffee for the rest of the year then we'll be even."

He relaxed before I barely pushed him back into the pool. He fell into the water, soaking his clothes. I smirked as he swam back up to the surface.

"Now we are even," I said before twirling back around. I walked towards the porch where Brent was standing, watching the whole show.

Brent looked amused, and I said,"Hey, now, I didn't hurt him."

"I'm proud. I really thought he was a goner for a second there," Brent replied as I walked over to him.

"He was. Now, excuse me, but I have to go change into some nice and dry clothes," I said before walking to the sliding door.