Ch. 14 - The Next Step

"CAMPBELL, WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED?" Nick asked me as he, along with the rest of my brothers, walked into the lobby of the hospital

I explained the whole situation to them, and by the time I was done, they were all fuming with anger.

"Where the hell is this asshole?" Gavin asked me, looking around.

"I don't know. They took him back somewhere after they took Brent. Do you think Dean is gonna press charges?" I asked with fear, holding one of my hands to my chest.

Brent doesn't need to end up in juvie. He had a bright future ahead of him. He can't go to jail.

"Campbell, you need to calm down," Micheal said as they all looked at my hands which were shaking.

"If Brent goes to juvie, it's going to be my fault. He doesn't deserve that. He has done so much for me, and he doesn't deserve this," I replied, holding my hands together to try and make them stop shaking.

"That's not going to happen. Dean is an idiot if he does. You need to take deep breaths so you don't have a panic attack," Gaberial explained before taking a deep breath himself.

I followed him, taking a deep breath. He's right. I don't need to worry myself.

"Campbell," Ross's voice called, making all of us look down the hallway to see him walking towards us.

"Dad, what's going to happen to Brent?" Nick asked Ross once he reached us.

"Well, that's up to Campbell," Ross informed us, making everybody look at me.

"What do you mean it's up to me?" I asked him, rubbing my arms.

"Dean gave you a choice. If you drop the charges against him, then he will drop the charges off Brent," Ross explained, running a hand through his hair.

"Can he even do that?" Gavin asked, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Yes," Ross replied back.

"I'll drop the charges," I said, quickly, not even thinking about the choice.

"Okay. I'll let the officers know," Ross said before leaving us.

"This is messed up. He assaulted you, and he gets to walk free," Nick said, rubbing his temple, frustrated.

"It does suck, but it will keep Brent out of trouble," I said, sitting down in a chair.

"Where the hell is he?!" I heard Evie's voice yell.

She came around the entrance, and she saw me. She scowled as she made her way over to me.

"You little slut," Evie hissed at me as I stood up from my chair.

"How the hell is she a slut? And who the hell are you to call her one?" Nick asked as the rest of my brothers crossed their against their chest.

I saw Alec quickly making his way over to us. He looked embarrassed, and his eyes softened when he saw me.