Ch. 31 - Suspect

IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE, and I was laying in bed, watching Home Alone

IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE, and I was laying in bed, watching Home Alone. Brent and I arrived back home around lunch time, but Brent had to go home to see his family so he didn't stay long.

Mom and Dad were in their bedroom wrapping gifts. The twins and Nick went outside to have a snowball fight, Elliot was over at Anna's place since she arrived last night, and Micheal was in his room.

I was in the middle of my movie when Micheal knocked on my open door. I paused my movie, and I smiled at him.

"I need to talk," Micheal said as he shut my door.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, setting my hot chocolate on my nightstand.

He sat down beside me, and he fiddled with his hands.

"I want to tell everybody," Micheal said with a small smile.

"That's great, Micheal. When?"

"I was thinking after the New York trip so if things go bad, it won't be over the holiday. We had enough drama during Thanksgiving," Micheal explained as he teared up. "I don't know how I'm going to tell Jordan. She's been nothing but amazing to me. I don't want to hurt her."

"Oh, Mic," I said, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "I'm sure Jordan will understand."

"She's going to hate me," Micheal said with a shake of his head.

"She's not going to hate you. Don't get me wrong, she'll more than likely be upset, but she won't hate you," I said, squeezing his hand with my other hand.

"I still want her in my life. She is my best friend."

Before I could say anything, a knock on the door made us both look up. It was Dad. Micheal quickly looked back down, clearing his voice.

"Thank you, Campbell, for helping me," Micheal thanked me before leaving the room.

"Mic-..." I said, but he already left.

Dad stepped into my room, shutting the door behind him.

"Is he alright? He looked upset," Dad asked, pointing back to the door.

"Just relationship issues is all," I said, brushing it off.

I promised Micheal that I wasn't going to tell anybody.

"Campbell, the police finally got the security camera from the hospital. They sent it to my computer, and I watched it," Dad said, nervously.

"Does it show who pushed me?" I asked, making him nod.

"I don't know who it is though. The footage is blurry, and the person was wearing a hoodie covering their face. It's a short person, couldn't be taller than 5'5," Dad explained before adding,"I'm sorry, kiddo."