II: At Home In Your Arms

**************************

Psyche Valentine Collins

I brushed my fingers against his soft hair, I missed doing this to him because I often do so whenever he would lean on me. He was still quiet, that's one of the reasons why I'm not talking nor saying anything either. If he's not ready to talk yet then I'm not gonna expect that he will anytime soon.

"Eros, you can cry if you want. It's not like I haven't seen you shed tears before, I'm here. You can lean on me".

A few minutes later, it seemed like he didn't hold back any longer. Naririnig ko na ang mahihina niyang pag-hikbi. He's holding his tears back, ayaw niya sigurong marinig ko siya pati na ang pag-iyak niya kaya kahit gusto niyang sumigaw at mag-amok ngayon ay hindi niya na lamang magawa dahil wala rin naman siya sa mansyon nila.

He covered his mouth using his hand then slowly, he placed his head on my thighs. I wanted to stare at him but I figured that it would place him on an awkward situation so I didn't do what I was thinking on my mind, I'd rather wait for him to stop first before I'll look at him. That's probably the best thing to do.

Everything is too much for him, he and I both knew what it feels like to be stuck in this awful situation. Of course, Avi and himself are like real-life siblings even though the two of them are just Cousins. If the other one is on a tight spot, the other one will be badly affected as well. That can't be helped at all.

Another thing is that Avianna's and Primo's situation is almost the same as ours. Tita Adella is mad towards Primo because she's thinking that he's the main reason why Avi doesn't want to go to Paris to continue her studies in that country. Honestly, that's partly the truth. She doesn't want to go because of him.

These days, nababalitaan ko mula kay Riane na hindi na masyadong lumalapit si Primo kay Avi dahil nga nagagalit si Tita Adella. Like Eros' Mom, mukhang pinapasundan ni Tita Adella ang sarili niyang Anak pati na si Primo kaya nalalaman agad nito kung mag-kasama silang dalawa o hindi.

"Just cry all you want, I'm giving you a chance to do this now because once Avi woke up again? You won't be able to cry in front of her or she'll cry non-stop. Primo is not around, we won't be able to make her stop".

Kilala niya naman siguro ang ugali ni Avi, at ayaw niya naman siguro na umiyak din nang umiyak ang Pinsan niya. All I could do was sighed heavily but I tried to keep it quiet as much as possible because I didn't want to bother Eros, he was still crying but his mouth were covered.

He does this once, I think he had a bad dream about us then he couldn't forget about it so he cried and cried until he got tired and he went back to sleep. Napansin ko lang na umiyak siya ng todo dahil namumugto ang mga mata niya, of course nakita ko agad 'yon dahil mag-katabi lang naman kami sa higaan.

A few minutes later, napansin ko na tahimik na si Eros. Nang tingnan ko siya ay bigla akong napangiti ng bahagya dahil natutulog na pala siya, he probably got tired of crying because he's been doing that since earlier. And perhaps, he hasn't had any proper rest yet. Mukhang kulang siya sa pahinga kaya mas lalo siyang dinalaw ng antok.

We all need some good words to come by and we all need someone to lean on. Someone to pour ourselves to and to talk to. Someone to inspire us and remind us how it'll all be okay soon. Someone who'll help us battle our demons and someone who'll lift us up when the whole goddamn world seems to be falling apart.