II: Leaving My Love Behind (PT. 2)

**************************

Jonathan Eros Rodriguez

The greatest sacrifice is when you sacrifice your own happiness for the sake of someone else. Even when it gets tiring, exhaustive, and absolutely excruciating, remember that your hard work will pay off. Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.

But the countless sacrifices that we made back then were all useless, we couldn't even protect Aurora and Nikka from getting hurt because of the trap that those bastards made. Someone lured them in that way and when they got there, those assholes even used an innocent child. How heartless can they be?

We all long for the world to he good. For people to live in peace, and act with love and justice, but there's a problem. Something compels us humans to constantly wreak havoc and destruction instead. We call this evil. So Thor and I are putting an end to this horrible nightmare, we can no longer allow those jerks to use someone innocent specially if it's a child.

After seeing everyone for the last time, it gave me another reason to fight for our freedom. Avianna, Aurora, Riane, Trinity, my best buddies and specially Psyche herself doesn't deserve to be involved in our situation. They don't have to be and we're not allowing them to be involved either. I'm so glad that I got to see them before I go, I just hope that they will still do well even if we're not around for a while.

We made this decision for their sake, it doesn't matter if they're not gonna appreciate it or they will. Aside from the fact that we wanted to save them, we also wanted to help the other people because if we weren't gonna save them then who will?

We can think about things, turn them over in our minds a million times, play out possible scenarios, but really when it comes down to it, you have to go with your heart and move forward. Maybe things will go well, maybe they'll turn out poorly.

Every decision brings with it some good, some bad, some lessons, and some luck. The only thing that's for sure is that indecision steals many years from many people who wind up wishing they'd just had the courage to leap.

Even if things won't work out the way I was expecting them to work, I just hope that nobody will get hurt because of it. I want to save them, just like what Thorin wanted. We planned everything beforehand, all we have to do is wait for the outcome.

"Dude, we have to go now. Let's go". Sambit ni Thor.

"Dala niyo na ba 'yung mga gamit niyo?". Tanong ni Trinity.

I nodded. "Yeah, we already made sure of that". Sagot ko.

"Thor, three days lang naman kayo doon, diba?". Malungkot na tanong ni Aurora. Bahagya siyang naka-ngiti pero halata naman sa boses niya na nalulungkot siya.

"Yeah, we'll be gone for three days. I'll come back immediately once the meeting is over". Malumanay na tugon ni Thor.

"Eros, ayaw mo bang gisingin ko si Psyche? Why don't you at least say goodbye to her??". Tanong ni Avi sa'kin.

"No, don't wake her up. Just let her rest, I already left a letter for her. I placed it inside her bag, I'm sure she'll read it once she woke up". Sagot ko naman sa tanong niya.