II: Hearts Vs. Minds

Flashback....

**************************

Jonathan Eros Rodriguez

"You hired a damn private investigator so you can check on her and everything that she's doing?! Mom! What the fuck is wrong with you!?? Why can you not understand how I feel?!!". I shouted with anger.

How the fuck can I calm down after knowing what my mother did? What if that man hurt my girl? What if that bastard did something worse to her?!! How!!?

Does she think I can still forgive myself?! Does she think that I can still look at Psyche straight in her eyes without feeling ashamed and guilt inside me?

"Son.. That's your mother, enough". Kalmadong aniya ni dad saakin. He tried to stop me because mom's tears were already falling down from her eyes, what else can I do? She's my fucking mother for heaven's sake!

Of course mahalaga siya saakin but Psyche is also an important person for me. Bakit ba hindi niya maintindihan yon? She's been doing that for two consecutive fucking years, I saw it myself. May mga pictures si Psyche kasama si Brooks pati na ang iba niyang mga kaibigan habang nasa New York siya.

"No dad! This thing has gone too far!! Psyche did nothing wrong! She didn't do anything and yet mom is treating her like she's some kind of a monster!! I am the bad guy here! I am dad! So don't stop me!". Iritado ko ring sagot sa kaniya.

Ilang ulit ko ba kaylangang bantayan ang sarili kong ina? What else can I do to make her stop?! This is bullshit! Para siyang bata, naka ilang ulit na ako sa kakapaliwanag na walang ginagawang mali si Psyche. What happened to me was not her fault, I only have myself to blame for that part.

"Son please... L-Listen to me, I-I o-only did that b-because I-I wanted to m-make sure t-that s-she's n-not gonna hurt my b-baby boy. You s-saw it yourself, s-she's with s-someone else". Nauutal na palusot ni mom. Peña? That asshole? I can't blame mom if she thinks that way because I thought the same shit but Nikka helped me out, she went to New York and kept a good eye on them and I confirmed it after a few days.

"Mom! I'm no longer a child, I'm a grown man now and I know what I'm doing. Why can't you respect my feelings? I love you Mom and that because you're my mother but I love Psyche, how many times do I have to remind you!? How many more?! Tell me!". I can't refrain myself from yelling at her but I'm starting to feel guilty because my mother is crying her eyes out.

Nakaka frustrate yung ginagawa niya, I mean that's too much. Tita Valentina is watching from above and we all know that Psyche is their princess, papaano nalang kapag nalaman nila yung ginawa ng nanay ko? Edi maapektuhan yung relasyon ko sa kanila. I love Psyche mula noon at magpa hanggang sa ngayon, I stayed away and hid para maprotektahan siya and everyone else around her including her sisters.

If I didn't have to do that then I wouldn't do it, now everything is starting to get better tapos malalaman ko na nag hanap at nag bayad pa siya ng private investigator para lang panoorin ang miserableng buhay ng babaeng mahal ko?

She's judging Psyche, the woman whom I dearly love. Sa tingin niya ba hindi ako nasasaktan sa tuwing nararamdaman ko na parang pinapapili niya ako? I can't choose between the two of the., I love her and so is Psyche.

I doubt na kilala niya si Peña, if she knew him then she wouldn't react at all. But all of this is really too fucking much, naiirita ako pero kaylangan kong pigilan ang sarili ko. She doesn't know that her one and only son is a part of an secret organisation, naiinis ako kase binabantayan din ng mga kapwa ko agent si Psyche para masigurado na ligtas siya.