twelve.

JJ Maybank stood in front of a familiar large house, shaking his head as he thought about what he was about to do. Not only did it make no sense, it also completely pissed him off to think about who he was about to talk to. He looked back at the car full of his angry friends, Kie and Pope not liking JJs idea.

He stalked up the driveway, remembering specifically the last time he had done this, and also what had happened when he had. Zach Roberts and JJ Maybank had made an alliance, and now the blonde was fully regretting it.

He thought back to their conversation after June had 'died'  and before they had found out she was alive. He ran a hand through his hair, realizing he had left his hat in the car.  During the conversation he had promised Zach that if he learned anything new in the case regarding June, he would let him know. He also promised his enemy that if he needed any help in putting the true culprits away JJ would ask for help, because he wanted to be part of it.

Not only had there been a new development in the case, June wasn't dead, but also there had been something else to happen, something that he could use a bit of help with. Ward Cameron had killed Gavin, and the gun that Rafe used to kill the Sheriff had  washed down the storm drain. JJ figured that they could do this on their own, until they realized that in Shoupes eyes, they had no credibility. This is where Zach came in.

If he could use Zach to tell Shoupe about the gun when they found it, maybe the man would believe a kook over  a bunch of Pogues.  He had to.

JJ didn't hesitate as much this time, his finger pressing the doorbell button . He immediately retracted his hand, closing his eyes in defeat as he tried to think of how he would explain all of this to Zach. The sound of the door opening made him look up, his face dropping as the man himself pulled it open.

"JJ?" Zach asked, his eyes going to the car parked on the road that contained Kiara and Pope. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, stepping outside onto the porch and closing the door behind him. "What are you doing here man?"

"You remember our agreement? Something new happened. We have something that could put Ward and Rafe away." JJ said, watching as Zachs face changed.

"You're here because you need my help right?"

"Yeah. Listen I talked to my friends, they know what's going on okay? We need your help like ASAP." JJ said, turning on his heel and walking away from Zach. The black haired boy looked down at his shoes, wondering if running around with Pogues was something he really wanted to do or not. He thought of June, feeling guilty for not being a better guy to her. He shook his head as he mad suck his mind, a lump building in his throat as she made his way down the porch and towards Kiaras car.

"Hey Pope. Kie." Zach greeted as he sat in the back seat beside JJ, his arms crossing over his chest as he thought about how awkward this was.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"So you wanted me to tell  you when something happened and something did happen. We followed Ward last night and we watched him murder a guy. The pilot that was on the tarmac that day. He shot him with the gun that Rafe used to killed Sheriff Peterkin." JJ started to explain, Zachs eyes widening as he listened to his words.

"Ward shot someone in front of you? Did you call the police?" Zach asked, his eyes meeting Kies isn't what mirror before he looked back at JJ.