seventy-four.

June March looked up at Rafe Cameron with wide and terrified eyes, her mouth open as she gasped out in shock. She felt a line of blood fall from her mouth,  she had hit her face on the floor when he threw her.  The shock wore off, June's fight or flight kicking in as she scrambled to crawl away from him, fear covering her features. He growled as he started after her, his lip curled up in pure disgust and anger.

Her knees hit the metal as she tried to get to the edge of the boat again, her heart pounding in absolute terror as Rafe gripped her ankle, pulling her back.  She let out a scream, her voice carrying as she yelled for help. She fought against him, the boy flipping her over as she tried to crawl away.

"You lied to me! You lied to me!" Rafe yelled as he pulled her back and away from the edge of the boat that she was going to try to jump from. She let out a shriek as he tried to grab her arms, the girl flailing to get away from him.

"Stop! Stop Rafe stop!" She shouted, her mouth filling with blood as she laid on her back. He didn't listen, his eyes wide as he fought to pin her down, to get her to stop. June grit her teeth, using her foot to kick him in the face. He let out a grunt, stumbling backwards as she immediately tried to push herself up. She ran to the edge,  looking over the side with tears in her eyes as she tried to spot JJ and Kie.

She didn't jump fast enough, Rafe grabbing her by the back of her shirt and ripping her back. She tripped, falling with a thud to the floor. The air escaped from her lungs, the girl fighting to take a deep breath as Rafe stared down at her with heavy breaths.

She took a look at his eyes, her heart clenching as she saw all the emotion riddled in them. He looked so hurt, betrayed, angry. Every bit of his body language proved that he was hurting. She had ruined him.

June finally caught a breath, her arms flying to her stomach as she coughed out. She let out a groan,  turning over so she could push herself up. Rafe let her,  his eyes wide as he tried to think of what to do. When she stood she turned to him, her eyes fluttering to the side of the ship that was just calling her name.  She went again to make a run for it, Rafe immediately springing into action and wrapping his arm around her neck. He took a few steps back, struggling as she fought to get away from him. He lifted his hand so that he was gripping her neck, the boy pushing her against the wall and holding her there with his hands. Both of their breaths were heaving, Rafes chest feeling like it was going to explode as he looked at the girl in front of him. She had ripped his heart out and stomped on it.

"You lied to me June! You're a traitor! You-how could you?!" Rafe yelled, his hair falling into his eyes as June shook her head. She tried to push off the wall but he kept her there, the tears building in her eyes. The blood from Rafes mouth dropped off his chin as his mouth fell open, the boy trying to decide what to do with her now that he had her right where he wanted her.

"I'm so—"

"No this...this is my fault! I was so stupid for trusting you. So stupid for thinking that somebody might love me! I should've... I should've shut you up when I had the chance. I— you were never on my side. You were-" His fingers tightened around her neck, June immediately fighting for air. She tried to pry his hand away but he was too strong, his grip was not going anywhere.

"Please don't. Please don't do this." June choked out, the girl feeling the oxygen creep out from her lungs. She fought for a breath, her eyes widening even more as a tear fell down Rafes cheek. He lifted his other hand, putting it around her neck as well and squeezing, her pulse rampant under his fingers.

Her lungs screamed for air, her face turning red as he drained the life out of her. His grunts and tears were meant for her, mourning her, mourning them before she was even gone.

"Please." She muttered, the darkness creeping into the corners of her vision. It became harder to fight by the second, easier to give in. But she didn't come this far, to get this far.

"I'm sorry! I loved you June! I love you! I'm sorry." Rafe cried, his hands squeezing as he spoke. His heart was breaking in half, he didn't want to do this, but he had no choice. The tears that were lining his cheeks only made matters worse, June not believing that this would  be the last thing she saw.

"Rafe please." June choked out, her eyes starting to close as she felt the life literally leaving her body. She could feel her lungs start to shut down, her heartbeat start to slow, she could feel her body giving up on her. She tried to pry his hands away, her mouth pleading with him as she refused to accept her fate. But this time there was no way out, no Hail Mary, no cavalry, just Rafe.

"I'm sorry. But if I can't have you....neither can he." Rafe muttered, his lip trembling as he took the life from her. June's eyes fluttered closed, her heartbeat being the only thing she could hear anymore. She thought of JJ, the boy who had stolen her entire heart, the one who made her laugh like no other and loved her like she had always dreamed of when she was a little girl. His blonde hair and blue eyes clouded her vision, a smile forming on her face as she figured she could die peacefully, knowing that she had been loved by him.

"I'm so sorry." She choked out, not to Rafe, but to JJ, the one who she had promised she wouldn't leave again. Rafe squeezed again, June grunting as the last bit of fight fell from her body, her knees giving out as he pressed against her throat. "I'm sorry."