seventy-five.

"I'm sorry." Rafes voice broke, his eyes wide and focused as he looked at June. He seemed to notice that her  knees had given out, her eyes were closed and she was almost gone. Finally he gained some semblance of reality, the boy realizing what he had done, what he was doing. His lip trembled as he looked at the paleness of her face, his chest burning with grief as his tears stained his face. Rafe let out a gasp, his fingers loosening the tiniest bit, enough for the girl to feel it as she tried to cling onto the last remaining bit of life that she had. She didn't want to give up.  He let out a groan, trying to find the will to finish the job but the longer he looked at her the harder it was. His eyes dropped to the hand that was gripping his wrist, the way it had fallen limp and the only thing holding it up was his own hands. He blinked a few times, the boy fighting internally to just let her go, maybe he should just let her go. His fingers loosened even more, the tips still feeling the alarmingly slow beat of her heart. His eyes widened as he looked at her, his other hand going up to pat her face as the panic started to set in. His breaths immediately started to heave, the boy using his fingers to tap the side of her face, trying to wake her up. Finally he had realized what he had done completely, feeling regret and guilt rip through his body as he tried to wake her.

"June? June! Wake up. Oh my God! No! Hey-"

"Get the hell off of her!"

A thud sounded from in front of her, air breaking into her lungs as Rafes hands fell away. June collapsed to the ground, coughing violently as she felt her body coming back to life. Her eyes flew open, the girl looking down at the ground as she rubbed at her throat, trying to get a regular breath in. She looked up, the sight of Tyler Sutherland making her feel the complete and utter relief that he had provided a few times now. She looked beside her, seeing Rafe who was holding his head and groaning.  She coughed two more times, the blood from her mouth splattering onto the floor below her.

"I'm tired of saving you June." Tyler said, reaching down and pulling her up by the armpits. He grunted as he lifted most of her weight, his arms straining to hold her as she began to regain her footing. He pulled her away down the deck, June's eyes catching onto Rafe who was sitting up now. She felt the hatred burn in her chest, and the sympathy, and the guilt.

Tyler pulled her to the edge of the Coastal Venture, June catching sight of John B and Sarah in the lifeboat. There was shouts from all over, the girl couldn't quite focus on anything but the intense blur of noises. He turned her, grabbing her shoulders and looking her in the eyes.

"Are you ready?" Tyler asked, his eyes boring into hers. June looked back out at the water, and then to the figures down below that were in the lifeboat.

"As I'll ever be." She choked out, her voice hoarse as she pulled him to the edge. He squeezed her hand as they jumped, June and Tyler dropping into the ocean below. The dark water surrounded her, June remembering when she had drowned, her arms immediately fighting to bring her back to the surface.   She had been jumping off of one too many boats lately, it was hard to keep her newfound fear in check. The dark water below her seemed like it was trying to pull her back once more, reclaim the life it almost stole.

She broke through the water, gasping in the air, her eyes searching for the life boat. She caught sight of it, her body instantly kicking into motion as she swam towards it. John B spotted her first, the boy pulling her into the boat and hugging her to him. He breathed out a breath of relief as he held her, happy that she was okay.  He held her head to his chest by his hand, June's eyes wide and frantic as she tried to gather what exactly had just happened to her.