bonus chapter pt. 1

After finishing a talk with John B and trying to recover from the strange events of the bonfire and the threat from Limbreys lackey and Tyler, June finally made her way inside. She immediately headed for the fridge when she got inside, her hand gripping the handle and pulling it open. Pope had been the first one to fall asleep, his anger and frustration towards Limbrey and the entire night in general having left him exhausted.

June pulled a beer from the fridge, cracking it open and taking a sip as she looked at the Heyward boy.  She felt bad for him, knowing that this thing with the key and the cross was taking a toll on him. Denmark Tanny was his ancestor, and all of his progress towards what was rightfully his was being ripped away by a Limbrey.

She walked over, a small sad smile crossing her lips as she looked down at the frown etched into his peaceful face. They needed to find that island room. June grabbed a blanket from the chair, pulling it over Pope and giving him a soft pat on the head, the girl walking past him and towards the room where JJ would more than likely be asleep.

She pushed the door open, sipping the beer as her eyes fell on the blonde boy,  sprawled out across the bed, a hot pocket in his hand as he snored. She bit back a laugh, pulling her phone out as quickly as she could and snapping a picture. She tried not to laugh, walking over and grabbing the hot pocket from his hand, putting it on the plate that was on the bedside table and then looking at him again.

He was quite the sight to take in, the boy only in his boxers and a hat, something that was quite confusing but yet totally understandable coming from JJ. June took another sip of her beer, her head tilting to the side as she just admired him for a moment. He looked absolutely adorable, his mouth hung open as he laid spread out across the whole bed, his chest rising and falling and quiet snores escaping from his lips. He must have been tired.

June pulled her shoes off, unbuttoning her shorts and making her way to the side of the bed that had the most room, scooting onto it. JJ stirred, the boy closing his mouth and turning to the side, his arms reaching out for something but not quite finding it, a whine leaving his lips.

"Carly where are you?" JJ pouted, reaching out to find her. June bit back another ridiculous laugh, a short giggle falling out as she scooted closer to him. JJ seemed to be at least half awake now, his arms wrapping around her waist as he pulled himself into her lap. He got comfortable, his eyes briefly opening as he grabbed the hand that didn't have the beer in it, pulling it down and putting it on his face.

"What are you doing JJ?" June asked, looking down at him with a smile. He turned on his side, burying his face into her stomach and talking against the fabric of her shirt.

"Getting comfy. Duh." He wrapped his arms around her once again, his voice muffled by how far he was pressed into her stomach. June just shrugged, finishing her beer off and putting it on the bedside table. She turned her attention back to JJ, the girl pulling the red hat off of his head, knowing that in no time he would be asking her to play with his hair. She ran her fingers through the blonde locks, a smile coming onto her lips as she looked over him.

Her eyes caught sight of his ass, her lips tightening into a straight line as she fought the urge to grab it. Instead she just dropped her other hand onto his side, JJ stirring again as she did so.

"Don't do that." He whispered, pulling his head back the tiniest bit so that she could see him. June furrowed her eyebrows, confused as to what he was talking about. She traced her finger up his side, JJ shifting so that he was looking up at her, his eyes droopy and tired. "Stop. That tickles."