forty-six.

JJ stood behind June, his arms around her as he held her hands on the fishing rod that he had just cast. June had no knowledge of fishing, or so she said, but JJ was suspicious that it might've just been a ploy for him to have his hands on her. Pope and Kie had vocalized their distaste for the PDA but June and JJ didn't care, and John B seemed like he was too bummed out about something else to even pretend to care. They had been talking about Ward, June having long forgotten about the fact that that had even happened after everything had went down.

"He deserved it, right?" JJ voiced, pulling his arms from around June and  taking the rod from her hands. The brunette sat down on the dock, looking down at John B, the boy giving her a forced smile as she did.

"Are you kidding? Of course he deserved it." Kie said, looking over at JJ with furrowed eyebrows.

"Never seen anyone blow themselves up like that." Pope chimed in, looking towards the blonde.

"Cross that one off the bucket list." JJ said, all of their eyes turning to him.

"JJ!" Kie scolded him, JJ feeling a bit guilty at his words. June laid back on the wood, staring up at the sky as JJ spoke once again.

"Sucks for Sarah." With that he casted a glance down to June, looking over her as she closed her eyes. He had been so worried about her for most of the night, he hadn't even had enough energy to think of how Sarah may have been feeling until now. He looked back out at the water, June opening her eyes and looking at him, a smile coming to her lips as she looked over his muscles.

"I miss how things used to be." June chimed in, pulling her bikini top down a little bit more as she adjusted on the floor. Pope turned and looked at her, his head tilting to the side as he closed one eye because of the sun.

"How do you mean?" The boy asked her, June covering her face with her arms as they all started to look at her now. She let out a deep sigh, her stomach turning as she thought of how things honestly used to be.

"Remember how happy we used to be when we hung out at the beginning. Before we knew the gold was real and before we knew that the Cameron's were dirty. Back at the beginning..." They all shared a collective sigh, realizing what she was talking about. Things had been better before.

June recounted the memories of before the Pogues, before Paul the gardener had quit and before she had went to that party on the beach, the one where she had gotten her first glimpse of  what it meant to be a Pogue, and before she had truly wanted it. She wouldn't trade it for anything, but she now knew that being one of them was harder than it looked. The girl had witnessed an explosion, broken and then mended a relationship, and visited her ex boyfriend who was brutally assaulted all in one night.

"Too late to back out now though." Kie spoke up, all of them soaking in her words. June smiled at that, thinking of how much she may have missed her old life, but how now she would do it all again just to end up with this family.

"Oh wait! Wait! Fish on. Fish on! Carly come here!" JJ shouted from his spot on the wooden dock, June shooting up from her spot and running over, he hasn't her the fishing rod, helping her pull the fish in and then grabbing the line as it dangled in the air. He pulled it off of the hook, everyone smiling at June as she looked at the fish, her eyes wide.

"Do you wanna give it a little kiss?" JJ said as he held it in his hands, pushing the fish into her face and earned a squeal from the brunette. She took off, her feet hitting the wood as she ran from JJ and the fish, the blonde chasing her for a few steps before stopping. They all laughed as JJ threw the fish back into the water, June having ran all the way down the dock and disappearing into the trees.

"Damn she runs fast now." Pope said, his eyebrows raising as he finished laughing.

"Well shes had some practice." John B chimed in, the boy having finally sat up from his laying position on the Pogue.

"Better go catch her." Pope said, clapping JJ on the back as he wiped his hands off on his shorts, the blonde giving him a nod and walking off in the direction of the brunette girl. They watched as he disappeared before Kie tightened her lips into a straight line, blinking a few times before speaking.

"I do not want to say this, or admit it but...they're cute together. He seems happy."

"Oh our boy is happy. God, they grow up so fast huh?" Pope said, putting a hand theatrically on his chest as he shook his head with his eyes closed. John B nodded, looking up at Kie whose eyebrows were furrowed.

"What's with all of this Rafe stuff though? Whatever happened with that?" John B turned at Kies words, shaking his head and adjusting his hat. Kie and Pope both looked at him expectantly but John B knew the truth, he had helped disuse the situation. There were things that needed to be shared and then things that didn't and what he happened with Rafe the night before was not one of them.

"They've got their shit figured out. They're good. June and JJ are good." The brunette boy said, nodding his head genuinely as he thought of the two. Kie and Pope shared a look, both of them smiling as they thought of JJ and how they were glad he had found someone. Amid all the relationship drama at least someone was happy.

__________

Filler filler filler. I'm having so writers block so bear with me.

Just to clear some things up because I noticed some of my own inconsistencies:

1) Rafe visiting the hospital is after the video of Ward and the talk with Sarah

2) Rafe got out of jail the night before instead of in the morning

3) all of this happened within the same night.

Okay I feel like I had to clear that up bc the timing was bothering me sorry.

But yes, writers block!!! Let's see what I can do , I may try and out out another chapter or 2 today but honestly we'll just have to see

Love you!!!