sixty-seven.

June had her knees pulled to her chest, her head resting on them as she tried to think of a plan to get off this boat. Rafe had disappeared somewhere, June being left alone in the cabin. She was still reeling from their conversation, and from Wards chilling revelation. She wanted nothing more than to go home, to be with JJ and get away from this mess, but by now she was already a hundred miles away from the blonde boy, making another sigh fall from her lips.

She had given up on trying to pick the lock, trying to pry the door open, and trying to open the window, it was pointless now. The only thing she could do is think anymore. Rafe had brought her a plate of breakfast food, but hadn't said a word to her, only walked right out and locked the door again. June was starving, she couldn't remember the last time she ate, so she had eaten and then felt guilty for it after.

June ran a hand through her hair, closing her eyes and letting out a sigh as she tried to focus on happy thoughts. She wracked her brain for the happiest thought she could find, and finally she settled on one, a small smile coming to her lips as she reminisced. Unlike JJ she could pinpoint the exact moment she fell in love with him, down to the very second. It was her favorite memory, but also one of the saddest as well. The night that JJ had spent all the restitution money and he had broken down about his dad , June had unknowingly fallen in love with him. Looking back she wondered how she had ever not loved him, considering the fact that now he had this iron grip on her heart, and he wouldn't let go.

The door knob jiggled, June's smile dropping as she looked at the door. It was only moments later that it opened, revealing one of the last people she wanted to see, and her captor, Rafe Cameron. He looked angry, or frustrated, so she decided on not saying anything that could make it worse. When his eyes fell on her he let out a sort of breath, some of the anger falling away from his face as he closed the door behind him. His eyes caught onto the empty plate of food, and empty glass of juice, and a small smile came across his face.

"You ate." He said, furrowing his eyebrows. He fully hadn't expected her to eat, he was hoping this was a sign of compliance, of good will. "Good. You know-when I brought you on here I heard your stomach growl. I was worried."

June's lips tightened into a straight line as she  looked at Rafe, the boy nodding as he looked out the window. He ran a hand through his hair,  his eyes closing briefly as he thought about everything that was going on.

"Fuck." He said, June furrowing her eyebrows as she watched him at the beginning of his episode. He started to pace, and June continued to just watch him, confused as to how quickly his mood could change.

"Why-why is everybody so ungrateful?! I don't get it!" Rafe said,  making June let out a sigh. She knew why they were so ungrateful,  probably because half of the people in question were here against their will. "I mean Sa-Sarah is literally on  a ship, headed towards paradise with her family. And still all she can think about is those stupid Pogues. Just like you. I'm taking you away to a better life and you're still whining about me letting you go."

June wasn't in the mood to argue anymore, she was argued out, she just wanted to sit back and silently accept her fate. Nobody was coming to rescue her. June and Sarah were different, Sarah's family was on this ship, the only thing she didn't have was John B. June's family was still in OBX, along with JJ, she had nothing.

"Yeah." Was all June could muster, the girl turning her head to look out the window instead of at Rafe. The boy looked at her, wondering how she was agreeing with him. He furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head as he briefly closed his eyes again. He let out a sigh  walking over and kneeling down in front of her, his hands on her knees. She still refused to look, she didn't want to watch him make her feel bad, so she kept her eyes trained on the water, her heart thumping fiendishly in her chest.

"Look at me. I'm sorry okay? Hey—look at me June."  He was surprisingly gentle when he reached to turn her head, June not wanting to fight back. She looked at him, her lips parting at the way his eyes were filled with tears, his face full of regret. She couldn't do this much longer, she would go insane from his mood changes. But then June realized she had to do this...forever. Because Rafe had taken her and gotten away without a hitch, he had managed to do what he always wanted to, and now there was no going back.  Her cavalry was miles away and they had failed to save her.

"Look I know it was wrong. I know I'm wrong. I struggle with my rights and my wrongs  you know that, clearly, you know that okay? B-but I just—I just don't want you to hate me forever. I can handle it for a little while—fine. Understandable. But please....please don't hate me forever. I know you think it's gonna be bad, I know. B-but it can be good. I swear it can be good. Just please don't hate me forever."

June let out a sigh, the girl reaching down and patting his cheek briefly. His eyebrows twitched together again as he leaned against her lap, completely and utterly infatuated and concerned by her. He needed to know that she wouldn't hate him forever, he needed to know.

"I don't hate you Rafe. No, I don't hate you." June said, looking down at him with pure sincerity in her eyes.

"You don't?" Rafe asked, confused by her words. She should hate him, he knew that that was what she should be doing, so why didn't she? June shook her head, the girl reaching down and grabbing his chin like how he loved to grab hers. He once again melted into her hand, the boy unsure of what was going to come out of her mouth next.

"No Rafe...I feel sorry for you. Really really sorry." June said, her eyes narrowing as she tilted her head to the side. Somehow this stung worse, Rafes lip curling up into a sneer as he looked at her. A small smile grew across her lips as he looked at him, noticing the way his expression changed. He pulled his face out of her hand, June biting back a laugh as he looked at her like she was a monster for saying what she said. His fists clenched at his side and Rafe blinked twice, shaking his head and then letting his hurt go. Of course she was angry, she knew exactly how to hurt him, she would get over it eventually.

"My uh...my dad wants to talk to you." Rafe said, June's smile dropping as he said it. She looked down at the floor, wondering what exactly Ward had to say to her. Rafe walked out, June lifting her eyes to the hallway as he did. A look of shock covered her face as she saw someone walk past, their head turning to look at the girl. Suddenly a glimmer of hope ran through her as she saw him, the boys eyes widening as he realized who was on this boat.

"Fucking Tyler."