seventy-three.

"Take her up Pope!" JJ said, twirling his finger around as he secured the cross.  Pope started to lift the crane, JJ ducking as the cross swung over his head.

"Slow! Slowly!" Kie shouted as the cross lifted from the box. June was gripping the edge of the box, her fingers digging into the wood as she watched them reclaim what was rightfully theirs.

"Bring her into the middle."

"Okay that's good that good!" The cross started to swing, JJ getting ripped away by the rope as the two girls screamed at Pope to stop.

"Your other middle!" Kie screamed, Pope apologizing profusely from his spot in the crane.  Cleo soon came into view, the girl helping direct Pope as the three below watched the cross.

"Did John B get the life boat?!" Pope yelled.

"I don't  see him!" Cleo yelled back, June feeling a pang in her chest.

"Where's Sarah?!" Pope shouted once again, Cleo revealing that she was unaware of where Sarah was. Pope continued to move the crane, the boy getting it into the right position finally.

"Okay let's go!" June shouted, running towards the ladder that they had entered on. JJ and Kie followed, the boy hot on her heels as she climbed the ladder. JJ pushed past her when they got to the top, leading the pack as he jumped down from the inside. They ran along the side of the boat, the three of them pressing their backs to the wall as Kie checked around the corner.

"Clear." JJ said, all of them running towards the life boat area. They rounded another corner, Kie stopping in her tracks as she saw a guard, her eyes widening as she stopped.

"I don't see him!"

"J!" She shouted, June taking a step back as she looked at the Captain.

"Of course. There's more of you. And you...they've been looking everywhere for you." The captain said, pointing his machete at June. Her eyes widened as he said this, fear coursing through her veins as she looked at the large knife in his hand. "Get down on your knees."

"Yeah thats  not gonna happen." JJ said, the boy ducking as the guy slashed at him. He pushed him, Kie grabbing his arm and holding it to the wall. June got behind him, kicking him in the back as Kie opened a door, hitting him in the face.  He fell to the ground, the three of them backing up quickly as he started to get up again.

"Where's John B?!"

"John b!" Kiara yelled, June running to the side to look for him. The March girl grabbed a slab of wood off of the ground, lifting it as the guy finally scrambled back up again. He slashed at JJ, June grunting as she swung the board at him, the piece hitting him in the back. He reared back, elbowing her in the face, June instantly falling to the floor. She felt the blood pool in her mouth as she pushed herself up from the floor, her eyes widening as the man went to get Kie. The March girl kicked the guy in the leg as hard as she could, the guys knee collapsing as he turned his attention to her. JJ went to grab his arm, the man pushing him back and making him hit his head against the wall. He turned again, sending a kick towards June, the girl getting hit in the ribs as JJ got back up.

He jumped on the guys back, the boy struggling against him as the Captain took a swipe at Kie. June was groaning on the floor, her arms wrapped around her stomach as she tried to find the will to get back up. Kie ducked as he swung, the machete hitting JJ and sending him flying over the railing.

"No!" June yelled, instantly pushing herself up from the floor.  Kie kicked the Captain, running to the side as June sent another kick to the side of the mans head, her teeth gritting as he  fell unconscious. Kie jumped over the side of the boat, June running over, one arm wrapped around her stomach as she looked down into the water. She felt her heart almost burst as she saw JJ, the boy face down in the water. June let go of her stomach, a groan leaving her lips as she went to jump off the side of the ship.

Just as she was about to jump an arm wrapped around her neck, pulling her back from the edge. She instantly gasped, fear gripping her as she got the strong feeling that she knew exactly who this was. She scrambled to get away, the grip too strong as she reached for the side of the ship.

"No! No you're not getting away this time." June heard the familiar voice, her chest clenching in fear as she squeezed her eyes shut. He threw her to the ground, June falling face first, her ribs hitting the floor and making her cry out.

"Not this time!"

_______________

You know how much I love a good cliffhanger 😬😬