thirty-four.

"Wake up!"

The shout made the couple, JJ and June, both jump, JJ immediately standing up and looking around for the danger.  June sat up slower, rubbing at her eyes as Pope chuckled. She flipped him off as JJ pushed him back, his eyes wide.

"God I thought something was wrong!" JJ said, trying to calm himself down as he fixed his hair.  Pope chuckled once again, nodding his head a and crossing his arms before speaking again.

"You gotta little bit of ...drool right there." He said, gesturing towards his mouth as JJ wiped his face. June giggled form the couch, the sleepiness leaving her as she turned so that her feet were  now hanging off the couch. JJ walked into the kitchen and grabbed a beer, making his way outside as Pope headed out as well, a water in hand.

June sat on the couch by herself, wondering what to do now that she was alone. The alone time didn't last long before JJ rushed inside, his eyes wide as he pulled June up from the couch.

"We're rolling. Something happened to Heyward." JJ said as he pulled her outside, June's eyes widening as her face contorted in worry. Pope looked beyond worried as he got into the drivers seat, pulling out almost  instantly. His driving was frantic, the silence in the car almost deafening as they all worried. June was biting her nails all the way up until they pulled into Heywards.

When they approached Heyward he had a wound on his head, June's eyes widening as she watched Pope run over. He hugged his dad when he saw he was alright, his eyes panicked as he looked him over. Sarah ran away towards the shop, coming back out s moment later with a first aid kit.

"What happened? Who did this?" Pope asked as Sarah pulled out a bandaid, pulling the wrapper off and beginning to apply the bandage.

"Let me know if I'm hurting you."

"You're doing fine." Heyward reassured Sarah, giving June a smile as she stood in front of him. Pope moved the brunette girl away from his father by the waist, grabbing his dad and asking him who had done this to him.

"Oh I should've known better. He came in just as I was about to lock up. Caught me by surprise. Once he had me down, he put his knee in my chest, and he asked me about that...that...that key from that...that drawing you showed me. The other guy just stood to the side, didn't say a word." They all shared a look, June looking to Pope with a raised eyebrow. "And in case you're wondering, I ain't tell him nothing. Now did you track it down?" Heyward finished, the corner of June's lip darting up as she looked at JJ. Pope sighed, reaching into his pocket and pulling out the key in question, June sitting up to get a better look at it.

"I found it in Mee -Maws  old apartment above the pharmacy just like you said." Pope explained, his dad grabbing the key from his hand.

"Shit boy, you should've gave this to me . I wouldn't have had to take a beating. What's the big deal? It ain't worth anything. Why they want it so bad?"

"I don't know. First I got this letter telling me that I need to go to Charleston. And then I meet a rich lady who wants me to give her a key that I didn't even know was in my family."

"None of it makes any sense." Kie chimed in, shaking her head as she looked at Heyward and Pope. June nodded in agreement, feeling as if they were missing a piece in this puzzle.

"Well don't y'all just sit here whining about it. Figure it out!" Heyward said, shaking his head at Pope.

"No. I'm just gonna give the key to that lady. It's not worth—"