sixty-two.

Rafe Cameron reached out immediately, his hands running over the body of June March, checking her for gunshot wounds. His eyes were wide in shock as he looked at Limbrey and then at Renfield. It became abundantly clear that Renfield had been shot, not once but three times, Rafe blinking as he pulled June back. His hands flew to her waist as he continued to look her over, making sure that she hadn't been shot. Fear gripped his heart until he realized she was fine, June was okay.

"Rafe."

"Oh shit." The Cameron boy breathed out, his breaths heavy as he looked at Renfield. June had a hand over her mouth, her eyes wide in shock as she watched the man die.  She could feel the urge to puke coming, along with the urge to cry, her head turning to Rafe as he stumbled back from the truck.

"Don't just stand there with your mouth open. Help me up." Limbrey said to the boy, the woman unbelievably calm considering she had just killed someone. The boy looked around in shock, giving June a perplexed look as she blinked away the last remnants of shock.  "Rafe. Rafe! He wasn't a good man, Rafe. He's not one of us. Come on."

Rafe turned around , panting as he reached for Limbreys hand.  Instead of lifting her up he reached down and grabbed the gun, June's mouth dropping open once again as she realized this played directly into her plan. It was just Rafe now.

"No. What are you doing? What are you doing?! Rafe. Rafe. Rafe!" The Cameron boy grabbed June by the elbow, pulling her towards the front of the truck as Limbrey continued to yell. "No! No. Rafe, help me Rafe." He lifted June into the front seat, the boy reaching over her frantically and grabbing the seatbelt.

"What just happened? What are you doing?! Rafe whats going on?! Ra-"

"Shut up! I don't- please don't talk. Just-just right now, don't talk."  Rafe said, buckling her seatbelt and walking back towards the back of the truck. He closed her door on the way, June letting out  a shaky breath as she realized how much worse the situation was getting. June looked in the mirror as Rafe closed the back of the truck. He ran to the front, his lips parted as he started to drive almost immediately. June was staring straight ahead, not wanting to look at him but also knowing that she needed to say something.

"Rafe. Re-"

"I said don't fucking talk June! Don't- don't say anymore wor-"

"He's dead! He's dead in the ba-" Rafe reached across the seat, grabbing June by the chin and making her look at him as he drove. She felt the urge to cry as she remembered the life draining from Renfields eyes, the man that was now a corpse in the back of the truck.

"Look at me! We're gonna get rid of him. I got it- I got the cross. It's mine now." Rafe said, June gripping his wrist and pushing his hand away from her face. She put her face in her hands, letting out a groan as she realized she was once again a witness of a murder.

"What are you gonna do?  What are you gonna do with the cross—wi-with Renfield? Rafe! This is serious. What the hell are we gonna do?!"

"We?" A small smile grew on Rafes face at what she had said, June's eyes widening as she realized what she had said.

"No! Fuck! Rafe there is a dead body in this truck. Limbrey is—shes a powerful woman she won't st-"

"I'm powerful. I'm a powerful guy. She's not gonna do shit to me. Oh my God. We don't have to leave now. We can...we can stay." Rafe grabbed his phone from the cup holder, the boy dialing a number before pressing a finger to his lips, instructing June to not talk. June dropped her head into her hands as the line rang, the girl thinking about her next move. She didn't like being in this situation again with Rafe, he was still completely unpredictable, even if he thought for some reason she was on his side. June was not quick to forget that she had been kidnapped. Now what she needed to do was get the cross back to Pope, no matter what.