Chapter 20

Just to give a heads-up, from here on there will be more time jumps occurring. We've got a lot of time ground to cover in this story to get where we are going. I'm thankful to all you have chosen to come along on the ride. Without further ado, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following week, Nyneve was dancing in the kitchen one morning to a CD from her collection of Irish reels when she noticed Loki standing in the doorway. She rolled her eyes at the judgmental look he was directing toward her, then laughed in surprise when he raised a brow, smirked, and joined her. Nyneve found herself glad that there was plenty of room in her kitchen. For fun, she cast the illusion of a sleeved dress, long and flowing, a blue silk that swirled when she spun. There was a sparkle to Loki's green eyes, a boyish charm, that made dancing with him all the more fun.

When the song ended, they both bowed to each other with a flourish, acting like dancing partners at a ball. They looked up at each other, locking gazes, and broke out in laughter.

"I didn't know you danced. Talented, aren't you?" Nyneve commented with a smile. Her illusion faded, returning her to her light blue jeans and grey sweater.

Loki smirked, reaching out to take her hand and pull her to him. "I said I wanted to court you. That means showing the skills of the man you are with." His gaze dropped to her mouth. "Including those related to bringing you pleasure." With a grin, he claimed her lips, a hand sliding to the small of her back in order to press her against him. Locks of his soft black hair brushed her cheeks, bringing a soft smile to her face as she kissed him back.

Skilled indeed, Nyneve thought with a mental chuckle.

"Honey, I'm home!"

Groaning, Nyneve pulled back from the kiss, bonking her head against his chest while cursing under her breath. Why can't Hannah get some better timing? Who the hell told her to come in the morning?

"I swear I am going to start making her have to knock." Loki chuckled at her annoyed tone. She heaved a sigh. "I'm going to go feed the horses. If I see her now, I might just deck her or try and scare her back out that door with a few handy illusions."

"That would be quite amusing to witness, Darling."

Nyneve laughed softly. "How did I know you were going to say that?" Giving him a quick kiss, she went around him to head outside. "I'll let you handle the cats' breakfast."

Loki watched her go with a content smile. It still surprised him just how much he had fallen for the mortal Midgardian. Even so, he was grateful for her love. Walking out of the kitchen, he made his way to the room designated for the cats' use. All three felines had beat him there, ready for their morning meal. Lady sat primly atop one of the cat towers, Seren peeking out of one of the cubbies. Meanwhile, Thunder tried scaling up his legs. With a grimace, Loki detached the ginger feline from his leather pants and set him next to Lady, who batted at Thunder, chastising the younger cat.

It wasn't long before Hannah popped in.

"Hey, Lovebird. Where's Nyneve?"

"She is out feeding the horses."

"Damn," Hannah swore, leaning against the doorframe. She stuffed her hands in the pockets of her jeans, then spotted a piece of dog hair on her white t-shirt that she promptly removed. "Guess I won't be getting a list from her then."

"List?" Loki glanced at her over his shoulder as he bent down to pick up the cats' food bowls.

"I won't be making the drive out here for a while, so I figured I would do one last grocery run for Nyneve as a favor. Seeing how she likes her hermit life so much."