Chapter 27: Wedlock

"So, what is everyone planning to do for Mother's Day?" Billy looked around the table expectantly.

No one really answered.

"Anyone?"

"They probably don't have time," John said.

----------------------------------

John hummed a song to himself, wandering aimlessly through the facility, just minding his own business, when he heard two voices shouting. He stopped.

One voice was high-pitched and seemed to be on the verge of tears, while the other was more muffled, but John could make out a deep, bass voice similar to Charlie's, but harsher and throatier, with a snarling tone.

"I did your mother a favor! She never saw you for what you were, you scar-faced, born-out-of-wedlock daughter of the Scarlet King!" roared the deep voice.

"Shut up!" screamed the high-pitched one.

"You know it full well, Dr. Scar! It is as plain as the scar on your face!"

"F*ck off!"

Dr. Collingwood suddenly ran past him, her hand covering the scar on her face.

Lawrence's voice suddenly trailed after her. "Molly, wait! Where are you going?!"

Lawrence suddenly ran up to him. "Do you know where she went?"

"Wait, what's going on?" John asked.

"That's what I'm wondering. All I know is that Molly and Bloodfang somehow got into a shouting match. Also, where did she run to?"

John pointed him down the hallway. Lawrence quickly thanked him and ran off.