Chapter 63: Karen

Dr. Collingwood slowly walked around the neighborhood. She hadn't run into Susan yet, and she hoped that she never would.

And, of course, that was when she heard that dreaded "Ahem!"

Great. I shouldn't have thought anything. She swallowed the urge to snap at the voice and turned around.

"Good morning, Susan," she said. Her head was bowed to obscure the scar on her face. And it had the bonus of meaning that she didn't have to look at Susan.

"At least you're hiding that ugly scar of yours. I don't want you scaring my precious babies," Susan remarked.

Her grip on her crutches tightened. Dr. Collingwood wanted to punch her in the nose. Susan would never shut up about how "absolutely hideous that scar of yours is". None of her other neighbors shared the same opinion, but were, honestly, probably a little too forgiving for their own good. Not that it did them any good. Susan was every bit as rude and insufferable to them as she was to her.

"Are you here just to criticize me, or to have an actual conversation?" Not that I think you know how to hold an actual conversation, but that would be a nice change for once.

"Shut up, you're being rude."

"And you calling my scar ugly wasn't?"

"I was being honest."

"So was I."

"Oh, shut up! You don't know anything!"

"You literally think that France is in Canada-"

"Because it is!"

Before Dr. Collingwood could reply Susan huffed and stormed away. She shrugged and went on her way. She shook her head as she walked back home.

My lord, how could someone something like her possibly survive in this world? She's even more detached from reality than Bloodfang.