Chapter 37: Nicknames

Eddie plopped down in the seat next to Dr. Collingwood, a merry smile on his face. "How's it goin', Chipmunk?"

"Chipmunk?"

"You sound like one."

"Your older brothers both give tubas a run for their- ACK!"

John had ambushed and grabbed her in a headlock. He raised a fist with a playful grin on his face. "Noogie!"

"John! Nooooooo! Stop torturing me like this, dammit!" She tried to wriggle her way out of his grip, but she might as well have been trying to wrestle with an elephant. Or a steel statue.

Charlie closed his paws around his snout, but it didn't stop him from grinning like a maniac. Billy clapped his hands over his mouth. 

After what seemed like an hour John stopped. "Alright, fine. I shall release you from my torture." John let her go.

She sprang out of her seat and promptly ran all the way to the other side of the room, out of the reach of John's long arms.

But John felt like he just had to add something to that, so he called out, "C'mon, Shorty, I promise I won't do it again for the rest of the day."

Her voice drifted up the hallway. "I'm not short! I'm perfectly average height!"

"Yes you are!"

"Am not!"

"Am too!"

"Do you want me to start calling you Johnny Appleseed?"

The SCPs all looked at each other, then burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.