thirty two - bryson

"WHAT'S HAPPENING TO her?" Kiana's mom asks earning a cold glare from Noah.

"She's having a panic attack because of you." Noah hisses through his teeth, his eyes glued on Kiana whose breathing has finally started to calm down.

I turn away from the drama and turn towards Noah's car. There must be a bottle of water in it.

Water helps, right?

I find one behind one of the seats and rush back to Kiana.

"Here, drink this." I motion towards the bottle in my hand.

With shaky hands, she takes the bottle out my hands, lifting it to her lips.

What the fuck just happened here?

"I think you should leave." Noah stands up, facing Kiana's mom.

"She's fine." Kiana's mom says and my eyes widen in response. "Just being dramatic as usual. She gets it from her dad's side. Obviously."

She just saw her daughter have a panic attack and all she can say is 'she's fine'?

"No she's not fine!" The anger in Noah's voice is as clear as day.

"Noah, I'm fine." Kiana breathes, getting up from the floor, looking like she's going to fall back down any minute.

"No you're not." He says to her before turning to her mother. "Just, go."

Noah and Kiana's mother face each other before diving into a stare down. Each of them, especially Noah, looking like he's about to erupt.

While holding on to Nia and Kimberly for support, Kiana says, "I agree with Noah. I think...I think you should go too. But first, tell me why you're here."

Kiana's mom slowly peels her eyes away from Noah before turning to her daughter. "It's your sister's death anniversary next week and I've planned something." She starts and Noah looks like he is on the verge of slapping her. "We're having a memorial dinner at home."

"You're kidding right?" Noah hisses, fists curled up.

With a smile on her face, Kiana's mother shakes her head. "No I'm not." She points at all 7 of us while saying, "In fact, you're all invited. Assuming the rest of you are friends with Kiki and the twins here."