seventy - kiana

"SO, WHAT'S UP with you and Noah?" Ashley asks and I widen my eyes at her.

"Not you too." I sulk.

"Oh, it's all of us now." Kim assures me, a smug smile on her face.

Confused, I look at Nia accusingly. "Nia!"

"I didn't say anything." She puts her hands up in defence. "It was all Mason."

"Don't let her lie to you, we overheard both of them talking about it." Kim laughs and I send a look to Nia.

"Well, like I told both of them, there's nothing going on." I say as I play with Ashley's honey blonde curls. "We're best friends. You all know that."

"I think y'all have been hiding behind the best friend curtain for far too long. Despite you two being best friends, there's some obvious chemistry. We're not blind." Says Ashley.

"You're not blind, you're just seeing things wrong." I say, hoping they'll let go of it, but I know they won't. They are way too excited.

What I'm really trying to avoid is thinking about it. Because if they keep talking about it, I'll start thinking about it too much and I don't want to think about what could happen if I started thinking about it too much. I'm at an even worse place emotionally than I was back when Noah and I gave it a shot.

"If we told you that he liked you, would you stop lying to us?" Kim asks and I nearly get whiplash from how fast I turn my head to look at her.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows at her.

"I'm not saying that we know he does. I'm just saying, if we were to find out, and we told you, would that change your answer?" Kim asks, a small smile on her face.

I'm quick to shake my head, not wanting to think about it. "No. I don't know. And I don't want to know. Can we please talk about something else? Anything but this."

"She's literally trying to stop herself from liking him." Ashley says to Nia and Kim like I'm not even in the room and they all nod in agreement, sly smiles and all. "Stop that." Ashley says to me this time.

"I don't date." I point out.

"Unless it's Noah." Nia teases under her breath.

"I don't date. I don't do feelings. I don't do none of that. Noah was just a one-time thing, and it was nice, I'll admit. But I don't see it happening again. Not with him, and not with anyone else. This dating thing, it's just not for me."

I have my eyes set on being the cool, rich aunt.

"This is going to be awkward as hell if Noah still has feelings for you."