Chapter 65 - Packing

*Tom pov*
March came in a hurry, only one month to the MTV awards, a month and a few weeks until the twins are going to be born...lots of things to finish and to get ready for this month!
Luckily the twins room is completely done, all the furniture is in and all the things we needed have been bought and we chose the names.

"Tom? Can you come help me?" I hear Charlotte saying coming from our room.
I walk the short distance and see her sitting on the floor
"Are you comfortable there?"
"For now yes, help me pack the hospital bag?"
"Sure, tell me what to get" I say smiling at her
"Uh let's start with clothes. Two dressing gown and my blue pj" she started and I soon grabbed the few things and handed them to her so she could put them in the bag.
"Five of those big black undies and since you're there my maternity bras and comfy socks please"
"Sure! Here you go!"
"Then two pair of sweatpants and sweater and a few t-shirts oh and my slippers! We should be done with my clothes"
"Ok...would you like to pack the toiletries?"
"Yeah! Let's see...maternity and breast pads, hair ties and hairbrush, toothpaste and brush, deodorant, body wash and shampoo..."
"Lotion? And maybe lip balm, your lips are pretty dry darling"
"Right! Grab those for me please?"
"Absolutely!" I say walking once again in the bathroom and getting the two things
"Ok...well when it's time I just put in the phone charger. Now for your stuff daddy"
"Ok...uhm...a couple of clothes change, pj, toiletries, should I pack snacks?"
"That's not a bad idea...don't forget your underwear and socks babe!"
"Ehehehe right!"
I quickly put all my things in a little bags and close it up, placing it next to Charlotte's.
"Now baby bag!" She says moving a few things around her and finally the baby bag was sat in front of her "ok...we need sleepers and vests at least four each baby, diapers...just the whole package, the big one baby!"
She says indicating it to me
"Socks, swaddles, blankets, oh bum cream!" She says laughing a little
"Where have we put the wipes?" I say looking around "oh there!"
"Wipes...a going home outfit, scratch mits..."
"What are those?"
"The things you put on their hands so they won't scratch their faces baby"
"Oh...I think I still got a lot to learn..." I say looking down. She takes my hand and squeeze it a bit
"It's ok...I knew less things then you when I first became a mom. You'll be a wonderful dad, well you already are"
"Yes, but not with such little kids, what if I'm not good with little kids?"
"Really Tom? I've seen you with Chris daughter and Robert son, you are the perfect dad our kids could have ever wished for"
I kneel down and peck her lips softly, thanking her for her kind words.
"Ok...the last things on the list are my insurance card and the admission forms"
"And here they are" I say giving them to her, she puts them in a little plastic folder and then into the bag
"Now we are officially ready to welcome the babies"
"We are, god I can't wait!" I say
"Me too"
"This morning while you were sleeping I set up the car seats"
"Wonderful!"
"Should I put the bags on the car just in case?"
"That be better thanks, but before please help me up, I'm stuck" she says
I grab her under her armpits and slowly pull her up, before living the room a give her a chaste kiss.

After setting the things in my car and then I look at my phone because I received an email confirming that the MTV awards are going to be the sixth of April, luckily all of us already know what to wear, Ellie and Alex are coming as well and also Samuel L Jackson and Chris Evans have been invited, so I'll be around friendly faces.

Checking on the kids one last time I stop in front of the twins room and take a quick picture with my phone before joining Charlotte in bed.