Chapter - 33 Again

Serena POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The familiar sound of beeping greeted me. The soft mattress beneath me felt like heaven as if I was sleeping on clouds. I opened my eyes slowly to see the familiar white roof. The blue curtains cover the windows. One thing I realized. I wasn't dead.

I tried to sit up but pain blossomed in my right side, what the hell? My eyes moved to the figure dozed off on the chair beside me. My husband. His hand held my mine tightly as if his life depended on it. His knuckles were busted and bleeding. I frowned.

I hissed as pain shot through my body as I tried to move to sit up straight.

"B-Baby?" My head snapped to see Nixon awake. His eyes widened as he got up, cupping my cheeks. His eyes were bloodshot. Hair sticking everywhere. My heart broke at the sight of him. He looked so devastated.

"Nixon." I whispered softly. His eyes moved all over my face as if he couldn't believe himself.

"You are really awake." He whispered as a lone tear slipped down his cheek. I stared at him shocked. My own tears blurred his image. I have never seen him cry.

"I am so sorry. I was late." His voice cracked. He broke down.

I shook my head. Tears ran down my cheeks. I pulled his face and placed my lips to his. I kissed him slowly. He kissed me back with so much passion and love. I love this man!

I pulled back and looked into his eyes.

"You saved me. You helped me fight through the pain. I would've given up if it weren't you, Nixon. I wanted to live to be with you." I whispered against his lips. I tried to sit up but failed.

Nixon helped me sit up properly. He was being so careful as if I was made up of glass. My eyes went to the bloody wounds. His face was bruised but nothing hid his godlike beauty.

"Nixon, You are wounded." I said as the blood seeped out his shirt. He looked down.

"That's just a scratch. I will get the doctor for you." He stated. He opened the door and muttered something. I saw guards standing outside. The doctor came in rushing. Two nurses followed him.

He was maybe mid-twenties. He checked the readings on the machine. He wrote down the results and took out a needle and injected the medicine into the bag of glucose. The tube attached to my hand. He turned to me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, kindly. Everyone was focused on me.

"Like a truck ran over me." I joked. No one smiled. All stared at me as if I was a piece of diamond in the museum. I raised my eyebrow at their serious expression. What the hell happened?!

"Any pain?" The doctor asked. I nodded.

"Mostly I feel numb but when I move pain explodes over all my body. Mainly here." I explained as I showed my right side which was patched up. My eyes narrowed at the white bandage.

"What happened to me?" I asked, confused.

"You were shot, Mrs Casanova." The doctor explained. Memories of Maxim and everything hit me like a loaded truck. Castrating Viktor. Everything. Every word exchanged between us hit me.

My eyes snapped to Nixon's.

"Any other questions?" I asked the doctor, wanting him to leave. This second itself!

"I need to take a few more tests. You have to take a few tablets that I will send. For the aftermath of Coma." My eyes widened as I heard it. Wait- One sec! Did I really hear it right?! Coma?! Me?