Chapter 9: "Home"

TW: Abuse.

Dream was wrong.

There they were. His parents sitting in his room waiting for him. He panicked and tried to back off but his dad grabbed him by his hair and threw him on the ground.

Dream tried to get up and fight back. He couldn't stand. His dad held his fist up ready to punch Dream but Dream grabbed his hand and yanked him down.

His mom tried to intervene and hit Dream but he rolled over and kicked her leg. She fell and hit her head on the edge of the bed.

Both his parents were on the ground. He punched his dad and left as quick as he can, locking his bedroom door behind him.

He rushed to see if his siblings were home yet. They had spent the day at Sapnap's house. Dream was also worried that his siblings were hurt.

He opened Chloe's bedroom door. She was curled up in a ball next to her bed with her head down on her knees. Dream slowly approached her.

"Hey Drista." He whispered. She looked up.

"Dream! You're here. Are you okay?" She asked. It was apparent from her voice that she was crying even though her eyes had no tears.

"Yeah I'm okay. Are you? Is Chris okay? Were you crying?" Dream asked.

"I was worried about you. Sapnap told me about your message last night. He said you were hurt. We are alright. They didn't hurt us. Chris is in his room probably doing homework." She said.

"Aww. Don't worry about me. I knocked them both out. They're weak." They both giggled.

"Come on. We have to get away. Are you hungry?"

"No I ate at Sapnap's. But we can't go anywhere. Mackie told me her whole family is going on a vacation." Chloe said.

"What? Sapnap never told me. They're my best friend they would've told me."

"He was at school when this conversation took place Dream. They are going to Texas to visit their grandparents."

Dream pulled out his phone to text Sapnap if this was true but Sapnap had messaged him already.

Hey Dream. I have to go
on a vacation to Texas. My
grandparents wanted to see
us. Will you be alright? I can
stay back if you want.

No Sapnap I'll be fine.
Don't worry about me
and enjoy your vacation :)

Okay. Go to George's if you
need to.

I will. Happy journey! Please
enjoy yourselves and don't
worry about me. I'll be
alright.

"You're right. But we still have to go. We can't stay here." Dream said. He opened George's contact.

Hey George!

Hey Dream! U ok?

Yeah but I kinda need
somewhere to hide. Can
my siblings and I come
over if that's ok?

U can come over whenever

Ok. I'll be there soon. I'll