Chapter 42: George's Father

TWs: Homophobia (F-slur), Gun, Mentions of Death, Blood, Ambulance, Mentions of hospital, Mentions of Police. Tell me if you find any other things triggering.

Dream stepped in front of George completely covering him and held George's hand behind his back.

"I'll protect you no matter what Georgie." Dream whispered. "What do you want?" He yelled at George's father.

"I want George back, I can't let his disgusting self live here anymore." George's father replied.

"Well too bad you're not getting George back! I'll never let you!" Dream yelled again. George clung onto his arm that was behind his back and cried.

"Too bad for you, actually, that you're a faggot too. I won't let you live either." George's dad said as he reached into his pocket for something. A moment later he pulled out a gun.

Dream's eyes widened as he took a step back, bumping into George. They both looked at each other with terror in their eyes.

"Run George, run away as quick as you can." Dream whispered. George shook his head violently.

"No Dream, I'm not leaving you to get hurt by him! It's either you're coming with me or... we stay together for whatever happens." George whispered with a broken voice. Dream shook his head this time.

"Please George. Atleast you will be safe if you run away. Don't worry about me." Dream whispered as the tears in his eyes started falling down.

"ENOUGH TALKING!" George's dad screamed. George and Dream looked to the front and stepped a couple steps backward.

"You can't get to George. I will protect him with my life!" Dream yelled. George's father started laughing.

"Okay then! I'll just kill both of you." He said as he stepped forward. Dream turned around to face George and hugged him tightly. Then he let go of him.

"Run, George. Please... Atleast one of us needs to escape George." Dream whispered. George hugged him and shook his head.

"I'm not leaving you Dream, no matter what. If you're getting hurt because of me then I am not leaving." George said as tears stained the front of Dream's shirt.

Suddenly there were sirens coming from behind them. Dream looked at George and smiled.

"I'll get help. The cops are coming this way. Now you need to go George, for me." Dream said as he wiped George's tears and ran his fingers through George's hair.

"Oh shit. I need to do something quick." George's dad muttered. "Time to die, boys." Dream hugged George again as his back faced George's father.

"This could be goodbye George. Just know I love you... I want you to move on if I die." Dream whispered.

"Dream I-" George said but got cut off as Dream hugged him really tightly and kissed his cheek. George turned his face and kissed Dream on the lips. He broke the short kiss and dug his face into Dream's chest crying loudly.

Suddenly they heard a gunshot. Dream squeezed his eyes shut and waited for inevitable death but all he heard was a loud 'NO' and footsteps.

Dream looked behind himself and saw George's father running away in the distance, a cop car behind him whilst two more cop cars followed. The next thing he saw startled him.

There stood Eva, clutching her arm as blood stained her clothes. Dream looked at her with wide eyes as she smiled weakly.

"E-Eva-a...?" Dream said shocked. She nodded and fell on her knees, wincing due to the pain. "W-Why d-d-did you...?"