Chapter 51: Morning Aftercare

Dream woke up pretty late the next morning. It wasn't that late but it was 9:30 a.m. already. He looked over to see George still clinging onto him and sleeping like a baby. He decided not to wake him up and let him rest as he got up.

He realised he was naked and decided to take a shower. He also decided to put the clothes that lay on the floor since yesterday night in the laundry basket.

He went to the balcony and looked at the bird nest. It looked ready and strong. A bird sat in it while the other had just flown away.

Dream refilled the bowl of water as it was halved, either some animal/bird drank from it or it got dried from the Florida weather.

Then Dream decided to brush his teeth and go to the kitchen to make something for himself and George. He decided on pancakes with nutella.

He prepared the pancake batter just the way George liked it and made crepe-like pancakes for George. He smeared nutella on it and rolled it up. He made several more and stacked them on the plate. Then he added more flour to the batter to make it thicker, now making pancakes for himself.

When he was done he garnished George's pancake with blueberries and raspberries. He quickly ate his with some syrup so that he could go wait by George's side. He put George's pancakes on the nightstand and waited for George to wake up.

Not long after, George woke up rubbing his eyes and lifting his head to put it on Dream's lap.

"Good morning Georgie. Did you sleep well? How are you feeling?" Dream asked ruffling George's hair.

"I slept good! Everything still hurts though..." George said in a sleepy, deep voice. Dream slowly got up and gave a fresh pair of boxers to George. He then picked up the plate and cut through the pancake with a fork to feed George.

"I'll take care of you today. You don't have to do anything around the house. I made you pancakes!" Dream said. George slipped on his boxers and sat up slowly despite the pain he felt in his bottom half. Dream fed him the bite of pancake he held.

"Mmm! It's so good!" George said as he ate the bite of the pancakes. It didn't take him long to finish the whole plate.

"Do you wanna shower?" Dream asked. George shook his head.

"My legs feel like jelly." George replied. "I would like some clothes though. Then we can sit in the balcony."

"Sure, I'll just get you a hoodie? Is that fine?" Dream asked. George nodded this time. Dream got one of his hoodies that were oversized for George. He helped him put it on and carried him to the balcony, sitting him down on his lap as he sat on the table.

"Aww the nest is made I think. Did you see any birds around the bird feeder today?" George asked.

"No but the water was less than what we put yesterday. I refilled it." Dream said. George rested his head on Dream's chest and closed his eyes.

"I still feel tired." He murmured. Dream kissed his hair and rubbed his back softly with one hand.

"You can sleep if you want. Then we can shower if you feel pain down there. I've heard that warm showers can help with the pain." Dream said. George nodded.

"Sleep, and cuddle." George muttered sleepily and closed his eyes, his cheek being smooshed by Dream's chest as he dozed off. Dream carried him back inside and cuddled him as he slept.

It was early evening when George woke up. He must've been really tired. Dream was next to him the whole time except for when he got up to use the bathroom. George woke up refreshed but still felt a bit pain and his legs were still weak.

"I feel hungry but I want to take a bath first." George said. Dream nodded and carried him to the bathroom. He sat him on the counter and prepared a warm bath for him.

"Will you be able to bath yourself or do you need help?" Dream asked. George shook his head and got up from the counter slowly making his way to the bathtub.

"I'm not a baby, just temporarily disabled." George giggled. Dream giggled too and left the bathroom.

"I'll bring you some clothes." Dream said and got a pair of boxers, some shorts and another one of his hoodies for George. He loved seeing George's small frame in his large hoodie. He found it adorable. He put the clothes on the counter and left again.

When George finally got out as the water got cold, he dried himself with a towel and got into the comfortable clothes Dream got him. He stumbled out of the bathroom and saw that Dream wasn't there. He sat on the bed blankly staring at the wall.

"What?" Dream asked. George looked over at him and saw him holding a box of pizza in one hand and his wallet in the other. George smiled and made grabby hands. Dream handed him the pizza box and sat next to him.

"Can we consider this our early dinner and just go to sleep after?" George asked taking a big bite out of his slice of pizza.

"You're really tired aren't you?" Dream chuckled taking a slice as well.

"Mhm, I feel like sleeping all the time... You know the warm bath really helped with the pain." George said.

"I told you it'd help!" Dream said proudly. George shoved him playfully and continued munching on the pizza.

"I wanna talk but I don't know what the hell to talk about and if I don't talk I'll pass out from sleep." George said mindlessly.

"Wanna discuss our wedding? Like when are we gonna plan it for?" Dream asked. George nodded.

"Maybe like, early next year? In January?" George asked back.

"Seems good. Finish your pizza I'll be right back." Dream said. George just nodded and focused on eating.

Dream went outside to the balcony and looked at the birds. They both sat in the nest cuddled up with each other.

"I'm really marrying him, I'm marrying the love of my life. It's really happening. I can't believe it! I feel like the luckiest man ever." Dream whispered to the birds. In reality he was whispering to no one because the birds didn't care about the world.

He then stepped back inside. The first thing he saw was George laying asleep on the bed with his mouth slightly open and a piece of pizza next to him that seemed to have fallen from his hand. Dream chuckled and adjusted George on the bed before putting the pizza away and climbing in next to him, pulling the blanket up on the both of them. He eventually fell asleep happy thinking about marrying George.
____________________
1163 words.

Just a fluff chapter to make it up for not posting yesterday.

Thank you guys for 1K reads!! It feels surreal honestly thank you all so much!

Also my girlfriend is here. Her account is JustAnnie_ if you guys wanna follow her

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.