Chapter 49: Birds

The next morning, George was the one who woke up first. He knew he couldn't get up yet because Dream held him tightly. He stretched his hands and yawned.

He looked at the ring on his finger and smiled. He remembered last night and hugged Dream tightly again. This woke Dream up.

"G'mornin' Georgie." Dream said in his deep morning voice.

"Morning Dreamy." George giggled and kissed Dream's cheek. Dream then looked at George's hand and saw the ring. He took George's hand and gently kissed it.

"What do you wanna do today?" Dream asked.

"We have to share the news with mum, Drista, Chris, Clara, Karl, Quackity and Sapnap!" George said. Dream smiled and sat up with George now sitting on his lap.

"Sure, we can go there at noon. Wanna go look at the birds?" Dream asked. George smiled and nodded. Dream carried him to the balcony and sat on the small table they had there for breakfast.

"The nest is almost done. I think it'll take another day. Can we put bird food up here? Then they can have food while they work." George said.

"Yeah we can set up a bird feeder here. We'll get the supplies when we go visit Mom." Dream said. George nodded and went back inside to brush his teeth. Dream did the same and made coffee for both of them. They sat at the balcony table and enjoyed the view as they drank coffee.

"Can we go? I can't wait to tell them!" George said.

"Okay let's go. We can be quick with it and then we have the evening to ourselves." Dream smiled and got up to take a shower while George decided to wash their coffee mugs. Once Dream was done, George took a shower and they both got ready.

The drive to Dream's old house wasn't long. It took them ten minutes to get there. Dream knocked on the door.

"Clara can you go see who's at the door? I'm busy with something." Mrs Davidson said. Soon Clara opened the door. Her face lit up as she saw Dream and George. George was covering his left hand with his right so that no one could see the ring.

"George! Dream!" Clara exclaimed and hugged both of them. She welcomed them inside and they sat on the couch.

"Oh my sons are here!" Mrs Davidson came to the living room and hugged them. "Looks like you hate us. You haven't visited since like 2 weeks ago."

"Mum we love you, all of you. We were just busy with YouTube and things." George said.

"I'm just teasing Georgie. Drista! Chris! Come downstairs and look who's here!" Mrs Davidson called.

"What Mom?- OH! Dream!" Drista said and jumped at Dream.

"Hey Guys!" Chris greeted and hugged George. When they finally let go and Drista was off of Dream they started talking.

"We wanted to tell you guys something." Dream muttered.

"Sure honey, go ahead." Mrs Davidson said.

"So yesterday we went to a field to watch the sunset and stargaze. And..." Dream trailed off and looked at George with a smile. George removed his right hand and showed the ring to everyone.

"We're engaged." George finished. Mrs Davidson and Clara gasped while Drista hugged George. Chris hugged Dream.

"Oh my- I- con-congratulations!" Mrs Davidson said. George could tell she was speechless just like how he acted yesterday. She hugged George and Dream. "My boy is getting married!"

"Congratulations George and Dream!" Clara yelled from behind them.

"Thank you everyone." Dream smiled.