Chapters 10: Late Night Talks

Dream looked over to the nightstand to see the time. It was almost 2 a.m. and everyone was still asleep.

He sat up and put his knees to his chest thinking of the morning. He knew he had to go back to his parents. He can't just hide here like a coward. He sighed deeply and looked over at his siblings. They looked peaceful. It made Dream smile softly.

Suddenly he heard shuffling beside him and turned to see George who was now sitting up. He rubbed his eyes and smiled at Dream.

"Can't sleep?" George asked in a deep morning voice. Dream nodded and looked over to see if his siblings got affected by the sound.

"Yeah. Just thinking. Did I wake you up?" Dream whispered.

"No. I'm a very light sleeper. What were you thinking about?" George whispered back.

"Just... life." Dream said.

"You can always talk to me if you're comfortable with it." George said.

"I know. I was thinking about morning. I know I have to go back."

"You don't have to. You can just stay here as long as you need. We can clean the room downstairs in the morning and set up the mattresses there. I actually enjoy your company and my mum likes you here too." George said. They saw Chris shuffling a little but he went back to sleep. They both exhaled a breath they didn't know were holding.

"We have to be quiet... Yeah I know I'm allowed to stay but I think we'll cause you guys trouble and you'll probably get annoyed one day. Sapnap went on a vacation for like 2 weeks. He was worried about me and offered to stay back but I told him to go and enjoy. I don't wanna be a burden." Dream whispered.

"Dream. You're not a burden okay? You won't cause any trouble. We are more than happy to help you guys. I promise you can stay here however long you want. I know this house is a little small but it is safe for you. Your parents can't hurt you here. You're not going back there. You're gonna get hurt, and abused. I don't want to see you in pain. I don't want to see any of you in pain." George whispered.

"I just hate asking for favors. It's not my thing. I always feel like a useless mess when I do that." Dream whispered.

"Yeah I get that. But if you think about it, it's your parents' fault that you have to do that. Don't feel bad about yourself. And we're friends after all. Friends ask for favors all the time. Do you know how many people have asked me to do their homework for them? I don't mind at all." George whispered.

"George you're just a very kind person. The people who make you do their homework are taking advantage of you. I don't want to be like that. If you help me I want to help you too." Dream said.

"You can help me in the morning when we clean the room downstairs. It already has a bed but it doesn't have a mattress. Two of you can sleep there but someone will still have to sleep here." George said. "Dream come sit with me. I can't sleep either. We can talk about some other things. Maybe clear our minds."

Dream got up carefully as to not wake up Chris or Chloe and sat down on the mattress with George. They stared at each other for a while before George broke the eye contact.

"Let's play a game. We have to be quiet. We can play put a finger down?" George said.

"Yeah, let's do it. I need to clear my mind right now." Dream said and George pulled out his phone and googled some questions for put a finger down.

"Okay. Put a finger down if you've broken a bone before." They both put their finger down. "How'd you break your bone? I fell while cycling when I was 4."

"My reason is my parents." Dream said.

"Oh... I'm sorry. Let's continue... Put a finger down if you have had a pet." George put his finger down. "I had a cat. It's name was Luca. Sadly it passed away."

"I'm sorry. I wish to get a cat one day too. Maybe when I move out."

"Put a finger down if you have a crush on someone." They both put their fingers down. Now they knew they both had a crush, what they didn't know was that they had a crush on each other.

"Oh who's the lucky guy?" Dream asked with a cocky grin, although he was sad that George had a crush on another guy and not him. (Oblivious bitch.)

"That's my secret. Only my mum knows that." George said and giggled at the pout on Dream's face.

"Fine I won't tell you either then idiot." Dream said jokingly.

"Put a finger down if you've ever been in a relationship." None of the two put their finger down. George looked at Dream with a surprised expression. "Wait a guy as handsome as you has never been in a relationship?"

"Oh so I'm handsome?" Dream smirked.

"I mean I would be lying if I said no so..."

"I'm surprised someone as cute as you has never dated anyone." Dream said. George blushed hard but Dream couldn't see due to the darkness.

"P-Put a finger down if- okay no not that one. Put a finger down if you've ever had braces." None of them put their finger down. George scrolled to find another question but Dream yawned and rubbed his eyes. George looked at the time that was 3 a.m.

"Dream you should go to sleep. You look tired." George said and Dream immediately laid down on the mattress. "Dream! Go back on the bed. You're injured." He whisper yelled

"M too tired." Dream mumbled. He grabbed George's hand and pulled him down onto the mattress with himself. George's face felt like it was on fire. He would've looked like a tomato if there was any light in the room.

Soon Dream fell asleep with George on top of him. George listened to Dream's heartbeat and calm breaths. He fell asleep as well moments later.
____________________
1047 words.

I wrote this while I was on the road going to visit family but I wasn't happy with it so I changed some things last minute. Tell me your thoughts in the comments.

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.