Chapter 34: Hospital

Again, I've never been to a hospital before so this chapter might not be accurate. It's based off of what I've read in other stories.

TW: Hospital, Mentions of pills.

They stood outside the hospital waiting for George's mum to park the car.

"I'm scared Dream." George said frowning.

"Don't worry, it's just a viral infection." Dream said hugging George close.

George's mum approached them and they headed inside. They went up to the person who sat at the reception.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The person asked, clearly bored.

"I made an appointment this morning for George Davidson." Dream stated.

"Let me check... Yeah, please wait in the waiting room till the doctor calls you inside. First room to the left." They said. Dream nodded and led George and his mum to the waiting room.

It wasn't that long when they got called inside. George sat on the chair near the doctor while his mum and Dream sat opposite from the doctor.

"What happened George?" The doctor asked.

"He went out in the rain and now he's sick. He had like 40 degrees fever last night. He also has cold and cough." Dream explained to the doctor.

"Hmm. George take deep breaths." He said as he put his stethoscope on his ears and the other end on George's chest. "Okay. How long has he been sick for?"

"Since yesterday after it rained." Dream said. The doctor nodded and started writing something on a paper

"I'll prescribe some medicines, buy them from the medical store. He should be fine within 4-5 days." He said.

"Will do, thank you doctor." Dream said and got up. George got up as well and clung onto Dream's arm as they exited the hospital.

Dream sat George in the car.

"Wait here, I'll be right back with your medicines." Dream said and ran over to the pharmacy. He bought the medications prescribed by the doctor and jogged back to the car.

"Are we ready to go?" George's mum asked. Both boys said yes and they went back home.

"You have to take these pills after eating lunch and these ones before bed. I'll remind you if you forget." Dream said and George nodded.

"I wasn't wrong when I called you a parent." George said.

"Oh don't start that again now." Dream sighed. "Anyways are you feeling like we can do something fun today? I'm bored. We don't have to go outside, we can play Minecraft or something."

"Sure! I get bored too when all I do the whole day is sit on bed. How are we playing Minecraft? My computer isn't set up yet." George said.

"You can play on mine." Dream offered. "I'll play on Chris' laptop."

"Okay, I'll boot up Minecraft." George sat on Dream's chair and started Minecraft. The mojang logo covered the screen. Dream ran out the room and to Chris' room to get his laptop. He came back and started Minecraft too.

"So what do we do in Minecraft?" Dream asked.

"Um mine and craft?" George said sarcastically. "Lets make a house."

"You know I've never made a house is Minecraft before..." Dream said.

"WHAT? You've never made a house? What???" George asked while laughing uncontrollably.

"Hey, I speedrun Minecraft okay. I don't need a house for that." Dream muttered.

"Fine, fine. Lets start a survival multiplayer server. You don't get to go to the end in it or you'll start speedrunning. We can maybe invite others to join us too, but not today. Today it's just me and you." George said. Dream agreed.

"What are we naming the server?" Dream asked.

"Um...Dream SMP?" George said. Dream nodded and typed something on the laptop.

They made a server and started exploring, gathering resources, making a small house and decorating it.

"George come over here." Dream said. George's character in the game approached Dream. "Stand next to me."

"Wot?" George asked.

"Look, George. Everything that light touches, is our kingdom. A king's time as a ruler, rises and falls like the sun. One day, George, the sun will set and my time here will rise with you, as the new king." Dream said dramatically. George scoffs.

"Okay Mufasa." George said. Dream wheezed.

"Did you like that Simba?" Dream asked while laughing.

"What did I say about you being a parent." George retorted.

"Oh shut up. Lets go to the nether?" Dream asked.

"We are not speedrunning this. Enjoy the server idiot." George said and punched Dream's character. Dream huffed as his character moved with it's head down while crouching.

"Geowge huwt me~" Dream said with a fake pout.

"Ugh, stop being a pissbaby!" George said.

"But you just said I was a parent, idiot." Dream replied.

"Um let's go explore some caves." George said ignoring Dream.

They played on the smp for a while and soon it was time for lunch. They went downstairs and ate lunch along with George's mother. After lunch George took the prescribed medicine and cuddled with Dream.

"Did the pill make you sleepy?" Dream asked a very tired looking George who struggled to keep his eyes open.

"Mhm." Was all George said before nuzzling into Dream.

"It means the cold is getting treated well. Go to sleep, you'll be well really soon." Dream said. George nodded and fell asleep immediately.

"Why are you so cute when you sleep, love?" Dream murmured to himself as he lovingly watched George sleeping.

Dream brought his hand up to George's forehead to feel his temperature. His forehead seemed normal. He kept his hand at George's cheek while the other was trapped under George's head.

Suddenly something hit Dream's leg. He looked down to see Patches staring at him. She jumped onto Dream's chest and sat there, purring. Dream chuckled softly and placed her on the pillow not currently in use.

Dream closed his eyes, wrapping his arms protectively around George. He started drifting off to sleep making a mental note to not sleep for too long and just take a short power nap.
____________________
1006 words.

I wrote the Minecraft lion king scene cuz I like it! Hope you do too.

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.