Chapter 8 The Competition

Just relaunched my "Royal Road Legends" (www.RoyalRoadL.com) account since a few days ago after receiving some personal help from the beautiful phoenix, Wing-Sama, of the Royal Road Legends website, whew, and will be posting chapters there as well so please, if you can, inform your friends over so that they also enjoy our story and be up to date with the current progress of Siva's quest.

Hi guys! Please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

––––Patreon: Pls take note that Instant Billing has been activated!

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Oh and please don't forget to leave me a VOTE so that we can push for our story to be #1 in the genre list in this Volume.

Well then, please enjoy the read.

================================
Volume 4
Chapter 08: The Competition
================================  

It only has been a few hours on the day but Siva was already feeling like it's been a whole.

From the dawn of their escape up to the Bar Fight that lasted until afternoon, the hours went by so fast and yet it's so dismal that it was annoying.

Just how did he even enjoy that fight?

Is this how video games should appeal on him?

Now that he thinks about it, from the very beginning of his player career until now, he does not remember a day that he did not engage in a fight. 

Even if this place is supposed to be a place for the people to relax and relieve their stress, to use your own body to charge vehemence upon others in this world and its current condition is just so real it was scary.

What if those people carried this violent tendencies to the outside world? Is there even a scientific method or a safety net in this device that makes sure that that does not happen? If so, then perhaps his parents' invention is more frightening than he had initially believed.

Just the thought of your emotions being controlled by this machine... unthinkable! It's like inviting terrorist groups to use this machine to brainwash their hostages.

Is this really what games should be like?

Now that his blood cooled off and his tension from the unconventional series of unfortunate events, starting from his escape from the forest, meeting with the guard knights of the city, then the brawl earlier, and now this sudden realization of the things that had occurred... 

What is this, a manga?!

Unknown to Siva, he found himself staring up while he laid his back on the back rest of his ironwood chair.

The noise of the crowd vanished, there was just him and his fleeting thoughts. Thoughts of the things that happened thus far, people that he came across with, and most especially those he punished with his fists.

He shuddered as he realized —a sudden sense of dread on the thing that he understood, this is the exact same thing that those Protesters claimed his family did.