Chapter 17 That Night, Project Salvation

I've relaunched my "Royal Road Legends" (www.RoyalRoadL.com) account since a few days ago after receiving some personal help from the beautiful phoenix, Wing-Sama, of the Royal Road Legends website, whew, and will be posting chapters there as well so please, if you can, inform your friends over so that they also enjoy our story and be up to date with the current progress of Siva's quest.

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Oh and please don't forget to leave me a VOTE so that we can push for our story to be #1 in the genre list in this Volume.

Well then, please enjoy the read.

================================
Volume 4
Chapter 17: That Night, Project Salvation
================================  

"CARL! GET YOUR ASS UP HERE, NOW!"

One call, one voice, that's all it takes for Tech Engineer and Head of the Technical Team in the Panorama Main Server's location Carl Hanes to run up the elevator and knock on the doors of the office of President Ethan.

No matter what the reason for this summons are, when the president is this noisy it's sure that he's either in his usual bad mood or that he IS in a very bad mood.

By the way he received the call and the way President Ethan screamed for him to go up, Carl knew better than to provoke the President to add more veins to his head.

The moment he entered he office, Carl snappily stomps his feet together and saluted like a true marine.

"Carl Hanes reporting as ordered s—Gwah!"

He was just in time to dodge a flying Unicorn.

"Shut the tramp and tell me why, why is my god damn mission for you still not solved by now?! TELL ME!!"

"P-President..."

"Don't P-P-P-President m-m-m-m-m-me! Just tell me the damn reason why those Rogue Programs are still in my system!"

"Waaaa...!! Yes sir! YES SIR!" With a stiff reaction to avoid another flying trophy, Carl swiped the air and a semi-holographic panel appeared in front of the fat and noisy president.

"This is?" An annoyed brow was raised at Carl and the president leaned back to study the report. "Hmm..."

Taking this silence as a cue, Carl cleared his throat and began to present his report with utter surety in his clear stance.

"After the attack in the North, our group traveled to the south direction where we got wind that there is a weird event that occurred in a newly discovered Walled City called Aarun. Specifically, it was in a forest called Kali in the East Gate."

"Hmmm..."

"After a few days of investigation, we found out that there are two separate and yet connected events that had happened before the War of the two Powers."

"Hmm... hmmm..."

"The first event happened exactly three months, two weeks, and three days ago, real time, where an NPC shop was reported to have been attacked by muggers and that an old man, deemed to be a player, saved the shop and the keeper. But during the event, the NPC keeper was heavily wounded and so the player, as said to have been part of his C-ranked mission, stood in place of the NPC keeper for about two months."