Chapter 33 City of Lights

For latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Please leave me a VOTE so that we can push for our story to be #1 in the genre list in this Volume.

We're currently #10 as of this post's writing.

Enjoy the read and please, again, do not forget to leave me that small little VOTE.

Xp

================================    
Volume 4

Chapter 33: City of Lights
================================    

Rex logged out of the game a few hours ago and was in the middle of his periodic medical check-ups.

"Well, everything seems alright."

"But you look like you are in a deep thought."

Rex looked up to the twins, his mind battling whether he should feel mad or accept their seemingly innocent attempt to lighten up the mood of the day.

"Still, he doesn't shape up."

"Nope, he doesn't."

Flat-eyed, Rex looked over at them, rolling his eyes on the wall that separated his house to the one beside it.

"Yep, it's confirmed. He's not in the mood."

"Oh he's not in the mood alright."

Summoning a window, Rex immediately went to the Terroa Day Today website.

The webpage displayed on the floating holo-panel in front of him was of the current war happening in the Southern Continent of Heartilia.

Reading through the list of articles available, he filtered the items on the category of places.

He wanted to at least, even by the most fraction of a detail, know if there was any news about that secluded place in the North.

Even if the Northern Land is a place where thugs and all sorts of criminals—players who played on the 'red side' of the game society—lived and played their own game's rules, they were still players who had their own version of adventures.

By that reason, there are also times that their adventures are being broadcasted by the media perks.

"Well that's a rather unusual thing for you."

The moment Rex heard that comment, he turned to see Hank peeking at the window.

"How is this unusual?"

Somehow, somewhere in his mind, it seemed that these three, including doctor Martinez who kept on doing just his job alone with his panels, were clueless on what had happened to him two days ago.

And to his seemingly unusual question, Frank got him and peeked on the other side of him.

"Well, this is the first time we seen your stats being a little... agitated."

"Agitated?"

"Yeah." Answered Hank and pressing a button from the console on his side and swiping the window that popped up towards Rex. "See your stats? These are clear signs that you are being agitated. No wonder why, though."