Chapter 40: Power Overwhelming

==================================
Chapter 40: Power Overwhelming
==================================

FlowerLord kicked the air and she sped up once more.

The rings of broken wind barriers scattered one after another. Like stepping on an invisible platform, as she jumped horizontally towards the burning city, her speed reached the full limit leaving three rings behind. She ignored the fact that she was burning her MNA and expending the already expensive firestones in the process, but she abandoned all care as her mission was all the same.

I will fucking pound your face when I get you.

From afar, she could see the fort with voyagers and old fishing boats parked in a commercial harbor. Atop these boats, including yachts and even the large container vessels, were players and citizens, battling the escaped monsters and prisoners. Of course she had no way of knowing which is which since all she could see were chaos.

She dismissed the image and focused head up. She never dared looking back as she knew who were those people screaming at her. Sound was still faster than her current speed.

Nonetheless, she had reached her maximum speed of 220kph with her Flight Armor. For normal players who had low mental endurance such as Agatha and Scion, even reaching 100kph would have given them inexplicable nausea and headaches.

Even her, with all her hardcore VR gaming, this is the limit she could do for if she were to go even faster than this, she knew she wouldn't be able to play VR games for the coming week or so.

Her anger boiling down on her chest, she touched the sword's hilt tucked on her left waist and the sword dissolved into a black mass that divided and circled around her in multiple spheres the size of her fists. Numbering ten in total, one for every finger on her hands, she went straight to the tallest building in her vision, the one directly behind the large cannon that had its bore still smoking out.

The building looked somewhat different from the pagoda-styled ambiance of the city. In fact, it was more like a miscalculated combination of a Buddhist temple and of a tall Chicago building. Not slowing down even a bit, five of the dark spheres around her was forged into a shapeless lightning, the Dark Spears poised to launch in a split of a second. Hearing a hiss on her left hear, she proceeded without a halt. She fired the spears like missiles her thigh's width and twice her height, the building's southern wall marked five holes that exploded from within before the walls totally collapsed and made for her violent entrance. But with this act alone, her surprise dawned on her subthoughts.

The city's not a safe zone anymore?!

After a split decision to ignore that fact, FlowerLord stopped her thrust and flipped front-side so expertly, like dashing in midair, she poised to launch a punch with a giant black fist five times her size without slowing a bit down.

"Get out in here!" She roared in anger.

She punched the wall and it shattered like hollow blocks. The whole south side of the 80th floor along with the side of the floors below and above it had no resistance or whatsoever, the tall 115-floor building was wrecked from its 80th floor and the rest of its upper floors crumbled from pillar to pillar until unable to support the floors above and started falling towards the city like a falling tree.

There was no warning sign. No purple alarm note on the impact area saying that it was an "invulnerable object" and therefore cannot be harmed --No. The city had lost its invulnerability state and is now in chaos and disarray. FlowerLord knew who to blame for that but she just couldn't make herself believe that a player had that kind of power-let alone an ability to change everything in the game. She knew, though it's doubtful, that whatever Rex was chasing inside this game, it was something big and it was affecting them all, not just him, not just Amanda, not just them, not jsut the crew of Archangel, but perhaps all the players of Terroa who are in this city right now.