Chapter 39: Hubert

Walled City of Dragona
As soon as the air quake stopped, the screams of the players on a particular cell began to echo the hall of warriors. The group on that cell led by the experienced gladiators gathered in one corner, away from the chained being of darkness with nothing but black smoke as skin. The man tied there in the corner with both the ethereal and physical chains came back with a teleport light a few hours ago.  The man had been quiet as if dead since then.

His smoky liquid hair was covering his face and though he looked as if his skin is blacker than night in this murky darkness, as they can tell that he's made up of smoke, they could quickly clear out what kind of expression he's having on his darkened  face. It's as if the monster in front of them actually had an expression, the darkness served as its natural light compared to them. 

It is indeed a vexing feeling.

They could tell his face from his neck in the darkness and what little expressions he had under that blanket of black smoke was illuminated by the help of the dancing torch light. 

The chiseled jaw of the man was noticeable. One could even say that his entire complexion in the blackness was like an NPC God that ruled the dark. It was a cheat, as a few of them could see. Even if we put the Apollo's distinctive physique into account, how could a man be so handsome in this game was the cheat on all man-kind in itself. The slender neck, the broad shoulders, the tight and fitted muscles on his blades and upper torsos were still recognizable behind the torn up clothes. It's like the fire's glow itself is the sole light of which could cancel the blackness of his curse.

Looking closely in one angle, he could be seen as peacefully sleeping. Eyes closed, with his breathing being heard like low snores of a child. Siva's motionless body dangled like a crucified man. He let no movement escape his muscles, not a single movement could be seen on his bounded arms. Tiredness on the struggles he had to endure, he lay there motionless, head bowed down, the chains used to carry his body. 

He slumped his body up front like a sleeping drunken man. And while it all looked as if he was a safe, harmless prisoner, a horrifying feeling was crawling on every man's skin on that cell since earlier on.

On every cell close to theirs, screams of bellowed along the walls of the underground prison. Cries of agony and fear echoed, like hearing the vibrating voices of the dying men being burned by the eternal flames of hell.

"Please! I'll renounce all my cash and weapons, including my points! Please! Get me away from him!"

"Me too! I'll do anything! I'll iron your leather armours! I'll wash your gym clothes!"

"I'll even dry your clothes with my breathe if I have to!"

"Please, I'll do anything! let me get out of here!"

"Help me!"

"I'm gonna die here! I'm gonna be killed here! Help! HEEELLLLPPP!!"

"I beg you, just do something, anything, about him!"

They were looking at him, or his general direction, with fingers pointed or their cries bent towards him, they were asking to be freed and howled like mad animals. The NPC gladiators who was there with them wanted to change cells as well, for the prisoners' cries of agony had long been going on for hours. Some of the stronger guards banged their weapons and shields on the iron bars just to silence the screaming men and also to escape their fears and hide it under the pretense of doing their jobs. Yet the prisoners never silenced. It only made them more aggressive on the thought that the guards are hearing their pleads and yells of requests.