Chapter 10 The Horror of a Potato Peeler

Just relaunched my "Royal Road Legends" (www.RoyalRoadL.com) account since a few days ago after receiving some personal help from the beautiful phoenix, Wing-Sama, of the Royal Road Legends website, whew, and will be posting chapters there as well so please, if you can, inform your friends over so that they also enjoy our story and be up to date with the current progress of Siva's quest.

Hi guys! Please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Oh and please don't forget to leave me a VOTE so that we can push for our story to be #1 in the genre list in this Volume.

Well then, please enjoy the read.

================================
Volume 4
Chapter 10: The Horror of a Potato Peeler
================================  

When the commotion died, four people remained in the fountain square, gathered in a depressing formation, their backs facing the fountain that's supposed to be the sign of the cheerful gameplay.

"Looking for Mages! We're departing soon!"

"Archer here! Tier 2 skills available for party!"

"Selling Organics! 10% discounted price!"

"Elves here! Let's go hunting at Kowloon Mountain!"

"We're hunting down a Griffith! We need Wizards!"

"B-Predator Scales for 300K Zentra! Negotiable!"

"I'm a strong Sword Mage! I can serve as your tank!" 

"Fresh pelt from a Fire Wolf, 500 thousand only!"

"Buying Gun Blueprint! Buying Gun Blueprint!"

"Special wares! Available for bargain!"

Shouting players, looking for parties and people to go on adventures with were yelling nonstop. All with their colorful outfits, weapons on display, adorable monster pets playing by their side, crafters with their wares, merchants with their items, the fountain square where both citizens and players, hunters, and NPC guards all passed by painted the warm scene behind them.

The busy atmosphere was as enticing as it would ever be in any normal day. But despite its lively atmosphere, an area of the square remained in gloom.

With their bags on the side, the group of four seated in a bench while the archer was on the edge of the fountain, playing with water, all had sorry faces.

They were pondering on the realization that they were ditched for good by their friend.

But what's even more depressing is that they knew the reason why their friend did so. It was in order to keep them from being deeply involved in the dangerous pit that his world revolved.

Dex didn't do it out of hate or whatever bad reason he can use, he did it out of concern.

Because they're his friends.

"He really..." Agatha was sobbing on Samara's lap. 

Samara was brushing her shoulder, to where the large wound that almost killed her avatar was once been carved.