Chapter 22 Moving Forward

For latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Please leave me a VOTE so that we can push for our story to be #1 in the genre list in this Volume.

We're currently #10 as of this post's writing.

Enjoy the read and please, again, do not forget to leave me that small little VOTE.

Xp

================================
Volume 4
Chapter 22: Moving Forward
================================

"I have to prepare."

—were the words Rex left them when he departed.

After spending a few minutes holding Baron's hand in the capsule, he took off wearing a stern resolve.

His face couldn't be painted as it was fumll of seemingly insatiable amount of violence barely held in on his fists. Even watching from behind, the aura he's hardly keeping in check was seeping out like a violent tide in a full moon.

Faust, unfamiliar with that side of a person, could only watch his assumed nephew as he walked away.

Still, one thing is for sure, he was also angry.

...for a different reason and direction.

When the limousine drove away in the gates, Faust did not waste any time to face Augustus. But before any distance could be emptied between them, the two giant guards already pulled Faust off in both arms.

"Augustus! What did you do? What did you do!!"

The man in question was watching the silently sleeping kid in the chryo-tube in a smiling manner. Now that the main guest had left, he couldn't hold the happiness in his chest and let it out in a happy smile.

He faced Faust and played with his cane like a long staff, rotating it and dancing his way towards him.

Slowly, step by step, in an invisible rhythm, he closed the distance between him and the doctor until Faust is in arm's length.

Then, Augustus stopped and swiped the air.

"Isn't this lovely?"

A panel appeared in front of the doctor and he read the contents with shock in his face. Faust's struggle to free from the men's grasps went limp and he took the panel as he read it intently.

"...signed by... Martinez?! You bastard!"

"Now, now. Don't be angry and read further."

"I don't need to read further when that man's name is in this report. Knowing he's involved with Rex is just a matter enough to make me want to punch you."

To the serious, teeth-gritting threat, Augustus only took a small glance over Faust before he laughed hard.

"Faust... you're still too pure. So easy to read, so easy to understand. But being overly protective of the boy, I should say you really earn that title of UNCLE."

Damn it.

Faust couldn't believe in his eyes.

It was Rex's neural activity report. As regions of the human's brains were dedicated to certain emotions, it's possible that one's emotional state can be measured by numbers or graphs.