Chapter 36 Those At The Top

For latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Please leave me a VOTE so that we can push for our story to be #1 in the genre list in this Volume.

We're currently #10 as of this post's writing.

Enjoy the read and please, again, do not forget to leave me that small little VOTE.

Xp

================================
Volume 4
Chapter 36: Those At The Top
================================

"New attraction?"

"Hahahaha... your face says that it's the first time you've heard of the Arena?"

"Arena...?!"

Realizing the word that was spoken to him, Siva's eyes wandered around, searching for a different subject and angle on the nature of his new surroundings.

Graffiti of all kinds, writings of unknown origins and time, layers upon layers of mold, a ceiling of cracked heated rocks put together by sand cements to form a dome with signs that it was formed by hands and molded into its current shape, and with the bars and the hallway itself, leading into an unknown area with a slightly up-ramp angle... Siva's mind put them all together, connecting them to that one world that he had once thought to be majestically entertaining to witness and see.

Could it be the Coliseum?

But then again, the man said that it was 'The Arena' and basing on the way he said it, he really meant it as the arena and not the coliseum. Could there be such a place other than that one?

"Well, looking at your reaction, I reckon you're also a gamer, yeah?"

Siva's eyes flared into realization and came to look back in surprise with the man's words.

"Only people are allowed to speak that word and not be punished by the system." He said and sat back to the bed, minding the chains that was tied on his limbs with a touch.

"Well," The man then motioned behind him and Siva saw the hungry [Gladiators] devouring the food laid on the tray. "All of us in this cell are. At least they mind us enough and treat us this way. Oh, and if you're wondering why we're all tolerating this," This time, the gladiator showed Siva the mark on his chest as if proud of it. "In exchange for this mark, we here are experiencing the best times of our careers."

"Best time?"

"Yeah. You see, being a Gladiator has its perks. Do you see that?" Looking at the direction of the hallway, Siva saw that a part of the dim lit hall is being covered by a shadow. "On that direction is the central hallway. On the day that you'll be launched, you'll see there an armor set, ruined by time and full of rust but... well, you'll know it when you see it."

Siva was intently listening to the man and he didn't see that the other Gladiators were already looking at each other nodding once and continuing to eat.

CLING CLING CLING...

A bell alarm briefly rang loudly, catching the attention of everyone in the cells. As heads were raised up, Siva's eyes immediately cast on his right side.

In the hall way's direction, the shadow that was cast upon that side moved along with the sound of a seemingly large gate being carried by massively-sized-sounding chains. It didn't take long before that side brought the sound of metal soles hitting the rocky floor. With their conversion abruptly ending on that moment, all eyes came to focus and wait for the people to reach their side.