Chapter 24 Yearning Hearts

For latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Please leave me a VOTE so that we can push for our story to be #1 in the genre list in this Volume.

We're currently #10 as of this post's writing.

Enjoy the read and please, again, do not forget to leave me that small little VOTE.

Xp

================================
Volume 4
Chapter 24: Yearning Hearts
================================  

Four hours left until the deadline of the mission grant time, Siva sat down on a bench. As he felt like his dirty outfit was standing out, he decided to spend the time waiting to the Comfort Room and change.

Thankfully, he had a few spare time from the hangar port area on the way to the library so he bought a new cloak and a few helpful items in the street shops.

A white plain cloak versus the dark grey one he was on right now. The Destroyer preferred dark colors because he mostly worked during the night so it helps more to hide his silhouette in the darkness. A white version of his current cloak was luckily in the stalls and from the moment he laid eyes on it, there was this inkling that he absolutely must have that for his second form.

So he went to the Comfort Room to change.

Of course, he disengaged the current equipment setting and just focused as a pure gunslinger under the cloak. 

No, in fact it's even an understatement to call it a cloak because it's more like a poncho specifically made for gunslingers like him. 

Like a blanket with a hole for the head, it was covering his arms all the way trough his knees on both front and back sides. There was a slit for the hands up front, the adjoining layers fastened into his left shoulder using a one-press lock.

In first glance, it could hide his arms even when he purposely lowers them. It's a perfect partner when in a cold place traveling alone.

His guns were fixed at his thighs, wrapped tightly with a leather strap. His black palm gloves with finger holes complimented the white sleeve and the white cloak, the skull mask under the hood  looked like real.

In fact, if he were to be wearing this outfit during the night, he'd easily be mistaken for a ghost. 

What's missing now is just scythe.

But as he looked himself in the mirror, "Not bad." his taste of clothes agreed.

Not intimidating but absolutely complimented his skin tone. The black smoke skin fingers actually looked like part of the gloves and as he made poses as if an old western cowboy with white cloak and a skull mask, he drew out a smile as he felt satisfied.

"This is good."

But then the smile vanished. The purpose of this very action is the fact that he had to disguise his identity. He must put a distinctive line between Siva default, Siva "The Gunslinger", and Siva "The Destroyer".

"This way, I will survive longer."

What he was avoiding to happen is that he was still in his cursed state. He was able to slip through the curse's effects in Loire thanks to his cleverness but he knew it well enough that cleverness without a cause will, some way or another,  come back biting him in the ass.