(sample chapter) Mission 001: Twisted Meeting

Mission 1:
Twisted Meeting

(Beep... beep... beep... beep...)

(CLICK)

"Aww..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

"It's already morning."

To wake up each day was like a nightmare.

"Hup! Time to get up."

The dream is my lovely reality and my reality is the nightmare.

I will pull myself up from bed and wash my face then look in the mirror and stare in the eyes of a person that's been forgotten by the world.

"Pwah... whew..."

When I was young, I remember the whole colony being alive and full of smiling faces. My father would always bring me and my sister to the park and play with us every weekend while my mother would always bring good meals after we played all day.

"Morning Kevin!"

"F*ck you!"

At home we would always watch cartoons and my sister would always ask me questions of why this and that. Outside, the neighbors would greet each other, share their meals on plates and taper wares, and laugh at stories they've seen or heard on the news.

"Morning John!"

"Shut the f*ck up, man!"

Dogs could be heard barking or could be seen running with their masters every morning. Cats would be seen sleeping on some granny's lap while she stitches or read a book.

"Marty (^^)"

"..!.."

"Kelly (^^)"

"Say what?"

Those were the days that I thought life was beautiful, that our smiling faces would never disappear in the face of the earth.

I was wrong.

"Hey, Seth, heard you got a quarter again!"

"Yeah? (^^) Awesome huh?"

"Ahahaha... for working a 12hr shift and only that much? I'm a scavenger but I'm doing much better than you!"

"(^^) Then that's good for you!"

Twelve years ago, the peace of the planet was shattered and everything that humans had touched became corrupted and started to crumble. A war broke out and engulfed the world in fire. Countless lives, lost. Families were broken. Loved ones, missing...

...and then...

...even humanity itself began to collapse.

Ever since the war broke out, people have always been afraid.

The streets became dangerous and the once friendly and caring citizens had lost their sense of right and wrong, and saw everyone as enemies and fiends.

"Last stop! Last stop!"

"Wait for me! Hey!"

"You! The fare's increased to fifteen zeni!"