Chapter 19 That Night, The Morning After

I've relaunched my "Royal Road Legends" (www.RoyalRoadL.com) account since a few days ago after receiving some personal help from the beautiful phoenix, Wing-Sama, of the Royal Road Legends website, whew, and will be posting chapters there as well so please, if you can, inform your friends over so that they also enjoy our story and be up to date with the current progress of Siva's quest.

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Oh and please don't forget to leave me a VOTE so that we can push for our story to be #1 in the genre list in this Volume.

Well then, please enjoy the read.

================================
Volume 4
Chapter 19: That Night, The Morning After
================================  

When Siva came back, he was wearing his White Mask as the «Volume Hunter» from Aarun.

He was greeted with cheers and he himself wondered why. He just went on and just went to sell his haul but heard the news itself from the NPC trader.

"You came from the West side?! Wow! Hey, have you heard? There is a rumor about a spirit in that Forest in the West where you came. Were you by any chance attacked or assaulted by the angry spirit last night?"

Oh? Siva felt surprised that everything was going very smoothly. In fact so smooth that it was doubtful.

And yet it wasn't as though he didn't like it. If they'd only realize how desperate he is by now, then it's no wonder how crazy the ideas that's been running on his mind as of late is. 

Late in the sense that it's just last night.

With the ears of other players listening, Siva cleared his throat as the plan that entered his mind took its first challenging step. But he helped himself to make sure that no voice of excitement would escape his mouth.

"Are you talking about that Spirit with dark wings?" he asked as the players exclaimed in affirmation.

"That's him! Did you meet him?"

"Or did you beat him?"

"He assaulted us last night too!"

"Maybe he ordered something on you too!"

"That boss-mob looks really strong!"

"Wait, did you really, actually meet it?"

With all the excited voices, one of the noobs who just happen to be able to leave an impression on Siva took a front and asked him straightly.

"Did you defeat the Forest Spirit?"

"Sadly, no." Siva hissed with seriousness. The low tone he used complimented the image of regret he wanted to portray. "That boss is too strong for me. We fought for only a few minutes but..."

Siva hesitated at first but gulped down the fear as he pulled his cloak's loose sleeve to show them.

The crowd gasped and the NPC yelled in surprise.

"By the Gods!"

"I was cursed." Siva announced. "For the Forest Spirit is far stronger than any opponent I have faced, I only managed to run away with my life thanks to the special help of my guns and experience."