Forty Two

Amara's P.O.V

I had an arm linked with Brennan as we looked at a venue for our wedding. Our wedding ceremony wasn't going to be too big or too small. It was just enough people coming to join us for the ceremony and reception. The main thing we wanted was privacy as our engagement was big news as he was no longer an eligible bachelor.

"What do you think, Amara?" Brennan asked me.

"It's nice," I tell him as I looked around.

"You've said that about the past two venues," Brennan tells me.

"I know. It's just hard to pick one."

"Can you give us a moment please?" Brennan asked the lady who was showing us around.

"Of course. I'll be in the other room."

"Thank you," I smiled softly.

"What's wrong?" Brennan asked me.

"I just... I don't know what I want for the venue," I sighed.

"We still have a couple more venues to look at today. Surely one of them will be jaw-dropping."

"Hopefully," I nodded.

"Why don't we grab your favorite food for dinner? We'll take it to go, eat it at the apartment, and cuddle while we watch that favorite TV show of yours? How does that sound?"

"That sounds good," I smiled up at him.

"Good. Come on. Let's look at the last two venues and we'll go home," Brennan told me. I nodded in agreement before walking by his side. 

At home, I sat on the couch with a blanket wrapped around me. Brennan ordered my favorite Thai food which I was happy about. 

"How are you feeling now?" Jasper asked me. 

"I'm feeling a little better."

"Good. Because I want to make sure my beautiful fiance is happy and satisfied," Brennan told me.

"Do you think things would've changed if Nicole didn't lie to you that she was pregnant with your kid?" I asked him.

"I think we could've been married sooner. But I don't know. What I do know is that you're here with me now and I am so grateful you gave me a second chance," Brennan told me. 

I stared at Brennan for a moment before leaning in to kiss him. Brennan kissed me back before pulling me onto his lap. We continued to kiss until there was a loud explosion from the show on the TV. I pulled away from the kiss quickly and looked over at the TV. I grabbed the remote and paused it. 

"Sorry. I forgot that was on," I tell him.

"It's fine. Why don't you and I get some sleep? We still have wedding planning tomorrow," Brennan told me.

"Okay," I nodded. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Has it been almost a year since I've last updated? Oh my gosh. I am so sorry everyone. I'm gonna do my best to finish this story as soon as possible. My motivation literally flew out the window.