Thirty Four

Brennan's P.O.V

Kissing Amara felt right to me. I've waited so long to kiss her. The moment she kissed me back, I was happy to know that she felt the same about me. I cupped her cheeks as I deepened the kiss a little. I felt that I may have gone a little too far as she pulled away a little.

"Is it alright for us to kiss?" Amara asked.

"Why not?" I asked. My hands were still cupping her face as we stared at each other.

"I just feel like we're rushing into things," Amara tells me.

"We don't have to rush if you're not ready," I assured.

"For now, why don't you take me on a date? After all we are staring over," Amara reminded me. I smiled at her.

"As you wish," I tell her.

"Is it bad to say I want one more kiss?" Amara asked, blushing at her own question.

"Not at all," I tell her before leaning in to kiss her once more.

I left before their dorm mother had to check up on them. When I walked inside my house, it felt empty. I wished that Amara lived with me. Hell, I wished that the Nicole incident didn't happen.

The next morning, I went to my office where my assistant, Janice, was waiting for me.

"You look tired," Janice pointes out.

"Couldn't sleep."

"What happened?"

"I talked to Amara last night."

"Did something happen?" Janice asked.

"Kinda. I think we're back together. But we are not faking it anymore," I tell her.

"Wow. That's great to hear. I mean, you being with Amara has influenced you in a good way."

"Has it?"

"Yes. And personally, I like Amara more than any other of your girlfriends," Janice tells me.

"Of course you do," I joked.

"What are you going to say to your sister when she finds out about this?" Janice questioned.

"It won't be hard explaining to her."

"Yes but she will roast you hard."

"I can handle her taunts," I tell her. 

"Oh, you have a meeting today in an hour," Janice reminds me.

"Alright. Let's just get this day over with," I sighed before walking off. 

After my meeting, I thought about Amara. I took out my phone to ask her to have dinner with me.

ME: Would you have dinner with me tonight? 

Amara: Yes. When will you be home?

Me: Six. I'll be cooking dinner for us tonight.

Amara: You can cook?

I chuckled at her question. I never really cooked for the two of us back when we were together the first time. 

Me: Yes I can. So what do you say?

Amara: I'd love to have dinner with you tonight. 

Me: Perfect. See you then. 

Amara's P.O.V

After I finished my homework, I headed over to Brennan's place. I dressed up nice enough for our dinner date tonight. Brennan smiled at me as he opened the door after I knocked on it. 

"Hey, Amara," Brennan greeted before leaning in to give me a kiss.

"Hi," I greeted after he kissed me. 

"You ready for dinner?" Brennan asked me. 

"Yeah. I'm starving," I tell him.

"Well this way then," Brennan told me as he led me over to the dinning room table.

The table was all set up for tonight making me look up at Brennan. He smiled proudly at the set up before giving me another quick kiss.

"Come on," Brennan said. He pulled out a chair for me. I thanked him before sitting down. He scooted me in a little before walking over to his chair.

"Bon appetit," Brennan tells me. 

"This is amazing," I tell him.

"I tried to make this special for us."

"I appreciate it."

"I was thinking about something earlier today."

"About what?"

"What if you moved in here with me? Next year for school?" Brennan offered.

"I'd love to but what if we don't work out again?" I asked.

"Amara, I really like you. I wouldn't dare to hurt you anymore," Brennan told me. 

"I'll have to think about that."

"Alright."

"So what made you want to have dinner tonight?" I asked.

"I just wanted to spend more time together. When we were engaged, I wanted to try to be a good husband to you and now that I have a second chance, I want to be the best for you," Brennan told me.

"You don't need to be the best. I already think you're a great boyfriend," I tell him. Brennan smiled at me before kissing my hand.

"Are you prepared for our parents coming over?"

"No. I don't want to face them to be honest."

"If you feel uncomfortable, just tell me. Okay?"

"Okay."