𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶. i like lila

❝i fell in love today

there aren't any words that you can say❞

-flawless, the neighbourhood

LILA DIDN'T HAVE THE FAINTEST IDEA OF WHAT HAPPENED THE PREVIOUS NIGHT. The last thing she remembered was slouching in her chair while the bus drove them back home. From there, it was all nothing.

Though, every time she tried to remember, she felt a sharp pain across her temple, as if someone had taken a needle and shoved it through the side of her head, it sticking out the other end.

She was back to pretending that nothing had happened, because to her, nothing had happened. Literally. And so were Eleven and Max. After El had witnessed her fighting Stacey, she had told Max, but the two had agreed not to tell her that they were spying that night.

Lila laid on her bed reading the same book. One hand was holding it, and the other was fiddling with the sleeve of her plain white shirt. It was getting very interesting, as if everything that was going on in her life had faded from around her. 

Unfortunately, the door to her room opened, and two girls entered. One of them had a blue and  white V-neck top, and the other had a blue one. Lila's head snapped in that direction. 

The two familiar girls looked as if they were trying to be as careful as possible, and Lila didn't know why. Nothing had happened, right? 

"Hey, have you seen Billy today, or yesterday night?" Max asked, her hands in the pockets of her shorts.

She put her book down, making sure to save the page that she was on, mentally. "No, why?" She lied straight through her teeth.

The two girls glanced at each other, having a silent conversation as Lila narrowed her eyes at them. "Doesn't matter, there's something we need to show you." Max answered.

With a wary glance at the two friends, she bit her lip before finally coming to a decision, and getting up. 

The three didn't walk that far before they reached Billy's bathroom. El opened the door, and the two walked through before Max lifted an empty bag of ice. "He likes it cold, remember?" Lila knew that it was not Billy who had taken this bath, but her. She preferred to use his while he was gone to lessen the suspicion. The girl made a mental note to drain it after, but forgot.

This time, Lila was actually confused, as she did not remember the phrase, but knew what, or who they were referring to. "No, I don't remember?" El and Max shared a glance at this, before the latter widened her eyes in realisation.

"She wasn't there, she only came after you left." Max told El.

El raised her eyebrows. "You didn't tell her?"