𝘅𝘅𝘅𝘃. & batman

❝What's mine, you'll miss

-cake, melanie martinez

THE NEXT TIME SHE DITCHED HER BIKE WAS OUTSIDE OF FAMILY VIDEO. Riding down the streets was pretty difficult with watery eyes and a tinted vision, but Lila didn't let that mere inconvenience stop her from getting to where she needed to be.

Pushing the door open, it wasn't a surprise to find the store to be quiet and lacking many customers. The two workers, Steve and Robin (the latter whom she hadn't formally met), were conversing at the front desk. When the bell to the door rung, they simultaneously looked over.

"H — why are you wearing sunglasses?" Robin asked, realising who she was.

Lila shrugged. "It's a bright, sunny day, so why not?" she sarcastically answered, gesturing back to the greyish clouds that littered the sky outside. Without much more chatter, Lila headed over to the comedy section. She rather had no interest in comedic films, but just wanted somewhere to start to waste her time. Lila preferred horror and thrillers, really.

"Yeah, because someone being murdered counts as a bright day," Steve muttered under his breath.

She took her time browsing the section, looking at covers of movies she had no interest in watching, from some Indiana Jones film, After Hours to Karate Kid. While she was doing so, the bell to the door rung once again, but she didn't look over. It was then followed by awfully familiar voices, that made her tilt her head down, more pressure to mind her own business.

A daunting feeling in her stomach arose, that she would soon have to take off her sunglasses. Not like she wouldn't at some point, but one before she was comfortable. When loud exclamations reverberated from the front desk, she turned away from that area, slipping them off, wiping her eyes clean. Lila wished she had a mirror to see if she'd done a good job, but recently she hadn't been getting much of what she truly wanted. Even if it wasn't hard to acquire.

Rubbing them dry, Lila blinked. She was quickly brought back to reality by a loud exclamation from Robin. "Lila!"

"What?" she shouted back.

"Are you done?"

"No!"

Placing the sunglasses atop her head, she begrudgingly walked over. Not only to find Max, but Dustin as well. He didn't hesitate in getting straight to the point. "Have you seen or talked to Eddie Munson today or recently?"

Lila furrowed her eyebrows. "Eddie Munson as in —"

"Yes! What other Eddie is there?" he (quite impatiently, which she saw rudely) cut across.