𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶. pluviophile

RAIN. It was Lila's favourite type of weather. To her, it topped all the other types. Multiple reasons. 

One of them was that it calmed her in some type of way, a way that nobody else in her life could. Rain reminded her of her mother, it stayed for ages, and when it left, she was calm. It was free, endless music. When she was younger, on beaches' water or puddles, she would make a paper boat and let it sail, until it sunk, once and for all.

 Nobody could tell her to turn it down, nor could they tell her to turn it off, because she couldn't control the rain.

On rare occasions, Lila would become close to someone, and a consequence of that is having her share her favourite music with you twenty four seven. Except rain, where she didn't even have to know as much as their name to share her favourite music with them. 

The last reason was that it started off high, but never ended. It would fall, fall and fall until it reached it's lowest point possible. Then, it would rise, back into the sky, away from the ground. It was a reminder, that when she felt like she was reaching her lowest point, rain was a reminder that she could either go lower, or go higher.

El had been walking endlessly in the void looking for Heather, her family, Bruce, Billy, Mrs Driscoll or Stacey. The water splashed gently as her light footsteps moved. She looked up, around, behind her, beside her, but nothing. Nothing ever came into view. In all honesty, to her, it felt like five hundred years that she had been walking, but in reality, it was about ten minutes.

At least to the others. They were outside the room she was in, so that she could have the quiet she needed. While in the void, she felt nothing dripping down her nose, but on the outside, she was wiping her nose with a tissue.

Of course, Mike was the first one to start complaining. "It can't be good for her to be in there for this long."

Max however, was not as concerned as he was. "Mike, you need to relax."

He paced by the door, trying to not make his steps too loud. "What if she gets brain damage or something?"

"Oh shit, is that a real thing?" Lucas looked up from his box of Lucky Charms that he was eating dry.

Max shook her head while side-eyeing the worried boy. "No, it's not. He made it up. Mike doesn't know what the hell he's talking about."

"Oh and you do?" He stopped pacing and squinted his eyes at her. Truth be told, he probably thought she didn't know either because she had known El for one year less.

"No, I..." 

Their conversation faded from Will's ears when Nancy started talking on the phone about something related to The Hawkins Post. The older Wheeler was calling around places about the chemicals, to see if any more had gone missing. He was sat up straight on a stool, observing Nancy carefully. It was something him and Jonathan had in common. They both preferred to observe people, rather than talk to them. Maybe they got it from their mother.