Ch 37

A week later

Lizzie: "aunty nat... are you okay?"

Nat: "I'm fine. lizzie why?"

Lizzie: "you just seem upset. Also I have a question"

Nat: "I'm fine lizzie. what's wrong?"

Lizzie: "i found this photo of mom and another person"

Nat: "let me see"

Lizzie shows natasha the photo

Lizzie: "she looks familiar do you know who that is?"

A sad look spreads across natasha's face

Lizzie: "aunty nat"

Nat: "her name was alex..."

Lizzie: "who was she to mom?"

Nat: "she was... you should ask your mom yourself she would be really happy you want to know about her"

Lizzie: "but she's busy and i dont want to interrupt her"

Nat: "just trust me.. Ask"

Lizzie: "okay thanks aunty nat"

She walks out and Natasha starts to cry

Lizzie: "mom"

Carol: "yes lizzie?"

Lizzie: "are you busy?"

Carol: "i am but i need a break. What's up?"

Lizzie: "i found this photo when i was putting stuff away in your closet"

Carol: "what photo?"

Lizzie shows the photo to carol and Carol starts to tear up

Lizzie: "mom"

Carol: "so lizzie you know how i don't like men. I like women right"

Lizzie: "yeah"

Carol: "Well that was Alex, my girlfriend... She was your mom as well. You know i've told you since you were little that i adopted you"

Lizzie: "yeah"

Carol: "Well, we both adopted you. We dated for a couple of years. She was the only person who made me happy before you came...alex and i were in our early twenties when we met. She worked for your aunt pepper... she was the best person ever... 5 years ago i went on a mission with Natasha  Tony and a bunch of other people on our team. We were going to defeat this villain. He wanted to wipe out 50 percent of the population in the universe.  We needed to collect 6 stones in order to do that. We tried to stop him but we couldn't. He got all six stones and it caused 50 percent of the universe to die... she was one of the people who dusted away..."

Carol gets up and walks to a filing cabinet

She pulls out a book

Carol: "here are more photos of us"

She hands it to lizzie

Lizzie opens the books and looks through it

Lizzie: "who is this?"

She points at maria

Carol: "that is maria or your grandma"

Lizzie: "wow they look so similar"

Carol: "yeah they do. I remember the team would make jokes saying they could be sisters instead of mother and daughter"

Carol starts to cry

Carol: "i miss her so much but we can't get her back"

Lizzie: "I'm so sorry about mom"

Lizzie hugs carol

Carol: "it's not your fault sweetheart... she loved you so much during the time she spent with you... "

A couple of weeks past

Tony came up with an idea to time travel to get the stones back to bring everyone back who dusted away

Steve: "so there are 6 stones. we figured out that three are in the year 2016, two are in the year 2014 and the last one is in the year 2013. thor you and rocket are going to get the reality stone. its located in asgard, the year 2013. natasha and clint. you both will. be going to vormir to retrive the soul stone in the year 2014. rhodey and nebula you both will be retriving the power stone from a planet called mroag in the year 2014. so both groups who are getting hte sul sotne and getting tghe power stone will together. for the last three stones. bruce, you will go to the Sanctum Sanctorum to retrive the time stone. Scott tony and carol will retrive the tesseract at the old avengers tower and ill retrivve the mindstone from teh loki's scepter. teh alst three are all located in 2012. anyone have any questions?"

everyone shakes their head

a couple hours later

Lizzie: "mom.. Mom whats going on what is going on downstairs"

Carol: "the team... we are going to try to do something to bring back the people we lost"

Lizzie: "how?"

Carol: "its... complicated but i promise you that i will explain it better once i get back okay"

Lizzie: "wait your leaving"

Carol; "yes i am and i'm so sorry"

Lizzie hugs carol tightly

Lizzie: "be safe"

Carol: "I'm sorry lizzie. I promise ill be bak soon and I'll be safe...love you lizzie"

Lizzie: "love you too mom"

Nat: "carol we have to go"

Lizzie: "you are going as well aunty nat"

Nat: "yes i am"

Lizzie hugs Natasha

Nat: "don't worry I'll be back as well"

Lizzie: "be safe aunty nat"

Nat: "i will"

Carol: "you are going to be staying with maria. Pepper is going to take you"