Chapter 25: Debriefing

All the other men in our family got ready for work. Mike went for his usual morning run. Soon after that we joined them in the kitchen. George and Mike entered the house at the same time greeting everyone “Good morning, in unison.” He took a water bottle from the fridge closing it back.  Before leaving the room gave Pumpkin Pie one on the lips and also gave me one on the forehead.

Roger is the last one to get ready that morning. Mom starts cooking breakfast at our stove. The team and George set the table. I put our place settings on the island with a mug for him. My big sister prepares his coffee to put it back with our place settings. Seconds after that he returned dressed to drink his coffee.

Breakfast is served promptly at 8:00 am. Everyone dishes out their food to eat. Soon after that both George and the team took their assigned seats between our island and the table. My big brother and I went over to the couch. We ate like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in the sink.

Moments after that we head into the family room to grab our stuff and mention goodbyes to each other. The house and driveway are now empty that morning. Everyone went off in their own directions. I am sitting next to George as he’s driving. We arrived at the Bureau for a meeting with Juan as Ralph is also on the phone.

His assistant allows us to go into his office. We walked in that morning. Both of them are already talking to each other. We sit down in arm chairs next to each other across from him. Juan puts it on speaker so Ralph could hear what I am saying to Juan and George.

Debriefing meeting over the phone

Me: Ralph is my bodyguard George

George: nice to meet you. “Where are you?”

Ralph: The pleasure is all mines George. I am Tia’s C O in Miami.

George: “What is Juan’s connection to her?”

Ralph: he is actually Mike’s CO and just a lot closer because he lives in the same state and I live on the other coast.

George: “Is he okay with this whole arrangement that you are sharing his sister?”

Ralph: yes

Me: I did my first bust

J and R: “How did that go?”

George: not good

J and R: What?

Me: Mike and I had leave early

George: They went home to let her relax

J and R:  she is better now right