Chapter 7: over protectiveness

Early the next morning  at 7:15 am I changed  into shorts, a bikini top, and put on suntan lotion to  take a walk hoping that no one would notice I left the house for some quiet time.  Our dog came up to me and sat under the pier with me petting him. I saw the wave crash as the tide arrives at the shore. Abby called to see how I am feeling at that moment. “Where are you?” she asked. I am the beach for a walk and BD’s next to me, I replied.

My family they are all up in the kitchen. Seconds after that I entered the house through the back door into our kitchen. I went upstairs to get ready for work. When I was done with that make up my bed leaving Johnny Cakes teddy bear in the middle of my pillows. I grabbed all my work and cell phone to put in my purse and head downstairs into family room.

Everyone was gathered around the kitchen table. We ate breakfast together as a family. “How did you sleep last night?” they asked in unison. I slept very well in my bed, I replied to them. Thank you again Johnny Cakes for letting me borrow your teddy bear. You’re welcome T, he replied to me with a kiss on the cheek. After eating we put our dirty dishes in the sink.

The house and Abby are still very worried about me.  She is not officially a part of the house but Abby is always with me. As for the other five agents are dealing with it in their own ways.  Mike is the only one taking it the hardest. Over – protectiveness is now showing not only because I am the baby and hurt at the moment. Even whenever I am on the beach BD is that with me too.   Our swat team even though I didn’t talk to them much glad they also had my back. I went to get my sweater to walk with me I get cold.

Meanwhile back in the kitchen with the team as they plan a schedule of who I am going to be with everyday.  In the field I am probably going to spend a lot of time with Mom and Johnny Cakes. They are trying to avoid putting me in Bello’s reach again.   All of us left the house to go to work that morning.  I was with Charlie for the whole day helping her with her cases. We checked your bedroom going to the kitchen this morning. Mike was the first one to go into your room and we followed slowly behind him. I was on the beach for a long time trying to collect my thoughts and didn’t want to wake any of you from the sleeping that you were in. Mom wrapped up her last mission for that day.  I had a brief conversation with Abby.

Later on we made a stop by Hectors to get some tacos. Everyone took a quick break to eat lunch. We enjoyed lunch even though not all of us were home. I threw away our trash in the bin. A few minutes after went upstairs to write in my room.

The rest of our team came home from work that afternoon. Before doing anything else Mike walks into my room. We exchanged our greetings to each other. Our   C O’s are best friends now.  I really don’t feel safe in the field, I told him.   Juan just called me to say the bureau is looking into getting a bodyguard for you. That sounds very go to me.  He asked for you also wanted to know how you are doing after that dizzy spell you had in his office yesterday.

Moments after that I entered our kitchen in order to sit down at the counter. As mom is preparing for an upcoming sauce night in a few days. She tells me the story about her aunt.  While I payed attention watching her cook the dish. I can’t wait to try it mom.  Charlie was also cooking an entirely different meal for us to eat.

Dinner was now served promptly at 6:00pm. Everyone sat down around the table in order to dish out our food. We enjoyed dinner together as a family. The team was all smiles with each other and me. After eating we cleaned up the kitchen and washed the dirty dishes in our sink.

Jakes, Briggs, Johnny, and Mike were getting the drinks ready to go outside. “Do you want your usual juice box Ninja?” Jakes offered. “No, I think given the situation I will take something a little stronger tonight, I replied to him.” The other agents went back to our table again to sit down while exchanging glances with each other to place $ 60.00 in front of them.

Mike and I are left standing not knowing what was going on. Remember a few days ago when you came here.

Yes, I do that was the best day of my life. When he left to put you to bed we made a bet on you. Drum roll please!!! The winner is …….. Charlie, they announced.

Seconds after they revealed this well kept secret to us. Everyone headed together to our bonfire on the beach. Juan told me earlier that the bureau is going to give both us and Rookie piece of mind by getting her a bodyguard. “How does she know him already?” they asked. “She met him for the visit we made yesterday at headquarters.” He replied.

On the way inside the house to put my beer bottle in the sink then head upstairs. I went into my room to brush my teeth and change into my jammies. Later on my family trickles in through the back door. They rest their empty beer bottles in our sink next to mine. While I am still in my room start writing that dreaded report concerning my first official failed mission living in the house.

As the team finally made their way upstairs that night to get ready for bed in their rooms. I went back downstairs into our family room to watch t v on the couch. We exchanged our goodnights to each other with hugs and kisses.  Soon after doing that I walked upstairs again to continue working on my previous task. Johnny Cakes enter his room and I followed behind him. “Do you have something to tell me?”  He stated. “Yes I do I like you teddy, I replied to him.” All of us know that you’re still scared. It’s nerve racking for us to see you in this condition.