Chapter 3: Surfing Lessons

I woke up at 7:00 am the next morning to get ready for my first surfing lesson with my dad and brothers. Johnny Cakes came in sat on my bed greeting me Good Morning T. A minute after I walked out into my room saw him there and replied morning to him. Damn Girl you have the body of a model, exclaimed hugging me. Both of us went into the kitchen where Briggs and Mike were talking to each other. The four of us grabbed the surf boards to head outside to the beach. Moments after that my dad and brothers walked me through the surfing basics then put me on a board. Everything is going good until my ankle bracelet thing on the surfboard separates for the board as a huge wave engulfs me which knocks me off of it. Both my dad and brothers are watching from their surfboards and calling my name but they get no answer. I drown in the water for a good ten minutes. Later on I resurfaced for air and swim to shore. Johnny Cakes laid me on the surfboard told me to focus on him as Briggs starts to do CPR on me. The official mascot of Graceland which is BD runs up knowing that something is wrong and sits by Mike. I spit out a lot of ocean water that morning. Daddy told Mike to hold me in his arms. Mike does as he is instructed only to feel me trembling against him. They got all of the surfboards from on the sand. All of us took a short walk up the beach back to the house. We entered through the back door.

Good morning guys, our others housemates just finished eating breakfast and greeted us. Morning Charlie, Jakes, and Paige, we replied to them in unison. I went upstairs for a bath only to hear two very concerned pair of footsteps following behind me on the stairs. My mom and big sister waited for me to come out the bathroom get dressed to do my hair for me.  Later on I am back in the kitchen sitting at the counter eating breakfast. The guys all file in also to sit at the table to eat something that morning. Before we leave for work walk into Johnny Cakes’ room to ask for one of his hoodies. Yes T, you can use one of my hoodies, he answered me. I walked into my room for both my badge and gun to go back downstairs to our kitchen I grabbed something to drink from the fridge and waited for Charlie on the couch.

Everyone gets ready to leave the house for work that morning.  I am sitting in the passenger seat of my mom’s car. “Why are you wearing Johnny’s clothes?” she asked. I didn’t pack any of mine and he was nice enough to lend me one of his, I replied. Our ride along is going really well. She took me over to her CI’S place. After that we just hung out with each other.  The last things I told her before falling asleep were: I am freezing, tired, sore, and please call Mike.

Phone call

Mom: Hey Mike

Mike: hey Charlie

Mom: how are you?

Mike: good and you

Mom: fine thanks

Mike: “Where’s my Rookie?”

Mom: she is sleeping in Johnny’s hoodie next to me.

Mike: It is Johnny’s fault he invited her to go surfing with us.

Mom: okay

Mike: she had drowned for a couple of minutes.

Mom:  What?

Mike: Briggs did the CPR

Mom: meet us at Hectors

Mike: I will be there in ten.

Mom: bye Mike

Mike: bye Charlie

End of call

Seconds after they hung up with each other he pulled up at Hectors. “How long has she been wearing that hoddie?” Mike asked. Since before we left the house this morning for work. Let’s take her home right now. When we got in the house ate lunch together. I took off the hoodie to bath and put on comfy clothes then fell asleep on the couch with a blanket over my body. The team walks through our front door that afternoon to find me sleeping on the couch. Paige and Jakes are the only two that don’t know what happened to me yet.  Even the blanket isn’t really helping at all because I am still trembling. The only thing that will solve the way I am feeling is body heat. My dad, mom, brother, sister, and Jakes all look at me read the expression on my face then turn to Mike. Levi, it looks like she needs you right now, Jakes tell him. He kisses my forehead then slides my body slowly to make room for himself on the couch and wrapped his arms around me. I cuddled up to him which felt so good. The couch is a little bigger than medium sized and cramped. Johnny Cakes suggested that both of us should go upstairs where there is more room in a comfortable bed.  No, she has been out cold since after we ate lunch, Mike answered him.

Meanwhile Charlie is now busy in the kitchen getting dinner ready that night. The other agents helped her set our table. He moves suddenly causing me to stir a little bit and finally wakes up before eating dinner. Paige and Jakes ran over to greet us in unison. They are happy to see that I am doing fine.

“How long have I slept today?” I asked. Rookie, you were asleep earlier when Charlie called me on the phone. After that lunch was about three hours. The grand total is five hours, Mike replied. Everyone sat down around the table to dish out their food. We enjoyed dinner together while talking to each other that night. Seconds later we were done eating dinner Mike and I washed all the dirty dishes together in our sink.

Meanwhile with the team as they are getting the drinks ready to go hang out on the beach around the campfire. We joined them out there when we are done with the dishes. Johnny Cakes told both Paige and Jakes what went down with me earlier that morning during surfing.  My favorite place in the world is between any of the guys in our house. They know that I enjoy it way to much but they are the ones that encourage me in it. Jakes as bitter as he looks there still are moments that he would turn into a big teddy bear. We stayed on the beach until ll: 45 pm that night.

I grabbed the hoodie from our couch then head upstairs to change and brush my teeth. Later on I returned in the family room to say goodnight to my family. Johnny Cakes followed me to lean against my door frame. Thank you for letting me uses your hoodie today. You’re welcome T, No problema, he replied to me with a kiss. No, you can have this one to keep. I have so many others in my closet. Night T, Johnny Cakes mentioned to and walked to his room. Within minutes after he leaves my room I fell asleep one last time.