Chapter 47:Hitting On Mike

Early the next morning Roger hit the snooze button on his cell phone to fall back to sleep. I didn't want to move from that spot at all. My head found its way to his chest. Soon after that he started playing with my hair. Before you know it Mike is up and left me on the bed. I stirred slowly at his movement.

Within minutes I am down the hall with my stuff in my hand. Nat is finished in our bathroom. I took a quick bath to get ready for work. Both of us met Pumpkin Pie in the loft together in order to go downstairs. Soon our doorbell rang to alert us that someone is at the door. George and Fiona came that morning. We greeted each other at the same time.

Mom started cooking breakfast at our stove. Coffee is brewing in the pot on the counter. As for my hot chocolate is on the island. The team sets our kitchen table. I took out our place settings to put them on the counter. Roger kisses us in the respected places.

Breakfast is promptly served at 8; 00 am. Everyone dished out their food to eat. The team sat down in their assigned seats at our table and the island. Mike and I sat down by the window. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

Moments after that we grabbed our stuff while mentioning goodbyes to each other. All of us head outside to the cars and trucks. Our driveway and the house were both left vacant that morning. We split up in our different directions for missions. Abby takes our dog for a quick walk.

Over at the hospital where Fiona is now for the day. We are working at a crime scene. George is busy taking a lot of pictures. I am in a corner talking to the witness' and family of the victim lying in front of us. The medical examiner is there also looking at the person to see what happened to them.

Abby went back to relax for a while. She got ready to go then found something to eat. Later on Abby heads straight to the hospital. I texted her directions to Mel's room. Thank you T. Your welcome Abs, I replied.

Convo

Girls: Hey Abby

Abby: Hey guys

Girls: How are you?

Abby: good and you

Mel: doing better

Abby: What about you Fiona?

Fiona: I am good

Abby: coffee run

Fiona: need one for those

Abby: okay

Fiona: Thank you

Abby: you're welcome

End of convo

Graceland bound for us that afternoon. My body guard pulls into the driveway to park his car. I opened the door to go inside. George closes it behind him. First I got drinks from our fridge. We sat down on the couch to cool off and watch t v.

On the way home from work the rest of the team to visit Mel for that day. Roo heads straight home. Before he does anything else talks to the doctor. "How is Mel related to you?'' he asked. " She is Tia's goddaughter," my other brother replied. Two of you at a time can go in the room.